Rowand is the Anti-Torii Hunter

MinnySoxFan

That was possibly the ugliest center field deep fly ball play I've ever seen. And it didn't even have a shot to be anything it was just an ugly ugly play.

I love that he got it. I watched it on Tivo once I got home tonight on a bit of a fast forward and I was like, "what the hell happened on that one". Then I watched it again and I tried to figure out why it looked so tough.

Not pretty. But I'll take it.

BTW - On a completely somewhat separate topic I watched Rudy the other night which makes me get all choked up about sports (shaddup!). Makes me think about how much it would mean for me to celebrate a WS championship with my long suffereing WS fan dad or at least be able to celebarate some great playoff game wins with him. Man I hope this is the year. I really really want it.

Plus I had a yuppie Cubbies fan at my house during the first half of the game today. I taught his wife to say "put it on the booooaarrrrdd....YES!!!" anytime he does anything annoying (and well - since he's a Cubs fan thats fairly often), so I did my daily good deed.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Aug 7, 2005 -> 10:57 PM)
for those at the game, that must have been torture in those following seconds, not knowing where the ball was.

Hell yeah it was, I was like please have the ball please. I kinda figured by him laying there and not getting up for anything he had it. Then he got up and I was like HELL YA.

Awesome ovation for Aaron.

QUOTE(MinnySoxFan @ Aug 7, 2005 -> 10:51 PM)
That was possibly the ugliest center field deep fly ball play I've ever seen.  And it didn't even have a shot to be anything it was just an ugly ugly play.

I love that he got it.  I watched it on Tivo once I got home tonight on a bit of a fast forward and I was like, "what the hell happened on that one".  Then I watched it again and I tried to figure out why it looked so tough. 

It looked ugly because he was thinking he had to jump, and was about to...and then he hit the wall and caught it...I thought it was a great play. He easily could have dropped that.