Paul Konerko

DBAHO

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 12:23 AM)
It's White Sox Baseball. We've just got to deal with it right?

It's funny really that we've had people b**** about the triple stat, because frankly we don't play in a park that allows you hit many damn triples at all, because it's too small.

I noticed that not only is it too small, but shots down the right field line (biggest triple candidates) are always ricocheted perfectly to the right fielder because of how our stands are set up.

• 2 months later...
QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 7, 2005 -> 09:33 PM)
I still think he'll finish the season between .275 and .280 and will resign with the White Sox.  I've been laughing all year at all the people bashing him and quite frankly I'm convinced he's going to have some huge hits in the post-season for the Sox.

were you consulting your magic 8 ball again or what? :P

nice prediction...just having some fun looking at old posts on Konerko.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 04:33 AM)
I still think he'll finish the season between .275 and .280 and will resign with the White Sox.  I've been laughing all year at all the people bashing him and quite frankly I'm convinced he's going to have some huge hits in the post-season for the Sox.

you were sooo wrong...i'm surpised you still post here

What's Paulie's worth and what he'll get is really the point. Worth to who? You can bet your ass he's gonna get at least $12M. Moreno in Anaheim, Mets, Yankmees and DBacks (if they can unload Glaus and Gonzo)...will all be calling.

And for the record...I reeeeeally can't see the DBacks giving up either Tracy or Conner Jackson. That's been the b**** out here for years...not keeping and developing young talent. Morad flipped out and gave WAAAAY too much money to Glaus for damage control locally to letting Sexson walk. Gonzo's pretty much done IMO. Tracy and Jackson...along with Drew...are the cornerstones of the future for that team. They do need pitching though.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 12:26 AM)
Whatever. Konerko is the definition of a one dimensional ball player, one that couldn't even crack MLB's top 30 in OPS in his career year. And it would be a good idea to pay him $12 M per? f*** that.

i think we ought to keep 'em. the clutch hits during this postseason...hello? you dont think Kongo is worth 12 mill? i strongly disagree.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 09:59 AM)
were you consulting your magic 8 ball again or what?  :P

nice prediction...just having some fun looking at old posts on Konerko.

Haha, pretty nice. Of course I won't take any pride in this unless the Sox step up and win 2 more.

I still say a lot of people are nuts, Paulie is gonna be back, even if the Sox have to offer him 12.5 mill a year or so.