**Official 2005 High School Football Thread**

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warren and Stevenson were tied at 21 after a TD pass from Stevenson with 24 secs left and went to Overtime.

Stevenson got the ball first and ran it in on 3 plays and added the extra point to make it 28-21.

First play for Warren was an out pass to Marcus Lewis for the quick strike, extra point added made it 28-28 going to a 2nd OT.

Incidently, High School overtime is like college, only the ball is on the 10 instead of the 25.

Warren got the ball first in 2OT and on the first play threw a TD pass to Marcus Lewis again. Extra point BLOCKED by Stevenson.

Stevenson's possession was 3rd and Goal on the 5. The ran a play out of the T formation it looked like. They faked a hand off to there star RB and everyone fell for it as the ball was actually handed off to another back and he ran in untouched. The whole place was fooled. Extra point was good and Stevenson knocked off Warren 35-34, in one of the greatest High School football games I have witnessed.

These two school could play again in two weeks and it will be AT Stevenson if it happens cuz of tonight's actions.

I wouldn't be surprised if either school wins 8A.

QUOTE(Brian @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 10:47 PM)
Warren and Stevenson were tied at 21 after a TD pass from Stevenson with 24 secs left and went to Overtime.

Stevenson got the ball first and ran it in on 3 plays and added the extra point to make it 28-21.

First play for Warren was an out pass to Marcus Lewis for the quick strike, extra point added made it 28-28 going to a 2nd OT.

Incidently, High School overtime is like college, only the ball is on the 10 instead of the 25.

Warren got the ball first in 2OT and on the first play threw a TD pass to Marcus Lewis again. Extra point BLOCKED by Stevenson.

Stevenson's possession was 3rd and Goal on the 5. The ran a play out of the T formation it looked like. They faked a hand off to there star RB and everyone fell for it as the ball was actually handed off to another back and he ran in untouched. The whole place was fooled. Extra point was good and Stevenson knocked off Warren 35-34, in one of the greatest High School football games I have witnessed.

These two school could play again in two weeks and it will be AT Stevenson if it happens cuz of tonight's actions.

I wouldn't be surprised if either school wins 8A.

:)

QUOTE(Brian @ Oct 22, 2005 -> 07:08 AM)
Fair weather fan.

My friend that I was just talking to basically said the same thing as you, best football game he's ever seen. Mike Morrisy was the one who blocked the kick by the way. See you on thanksgiving weekend. :)

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 22, 2005 -> 01:23 PM)
My friend that I was just talking to basically said the same thing as you, best football game he's ever seen.  Mike Morrisy was the one who blocked the kick by the way.  See you on thanksgiving weekend. :)

They'll play before than. Probably in 2 or 3 weeks.

Both teams will make adjustments and the next meeting will be a barn burner again, with probably less scoring.

QUOTE(CubsSuck1 @ Oct 22, 2005 -> 01:37 PM)
Did you go?

nah, havent been to a HS game since I graduated, so for many years.

But it looks like DGN beat DGS 20-14

which gives North an 8-1 record going into the playoffs, looking to defend their state title in 8A

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 02:03 PM)
New Trier's coming to get ya.

For real? Cuz looking at the brackets, Week 2 could be a Maine South vs. Warren rematch than Week 3 would be Warren vs. Stevenson.

Just saw you guys would play Stevenson in round 2 if both schools won. That would be an awesome game.

Warren will host Chicago Lane tech in the first round.

A rematch with Stevenson would take place in round 3. Both teams should win their first two rounds and make it happen, but you never know.

warren will win there first game and then get there asses handed to them by main south

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 08:28 PM)
warren will win there first game and then get there asses handed to them by main south

Based on what? Look what happened in Week 2 before Warren put their 2nd and 3rd string in. It was 31-7.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 09:45 PM)
New Trier rocked Maine South, Warren rocked Maine South.  I can't imagine them doing anyhting in the playoffs.

New Trier and Stevenson both scare me in that Quarterfinal game, if Warren makes it.

I didn't see the game, but know Warren won on a rather lucky play.

redandwhite won't be here for a few days. Noticed New Trier lost in the first round at home to Glenbrook South. I can't call it an upset because both teams are pretty good.

Stevenson may of caught a break and a Warren vs. Stevenson re-match looks like it could happen in 2 weeks.