Ten starts left for the big three...

Greg Hibbard

Interestingly, Buehrle and Garland have relatively brutal stretches but Garcia has it much easier....

Buehrle

at Boston

vs. Minnesota

@ Minnesota

@ Texas

vs. Detroit

vs. LA Angels

at KC

vs. Cleveland

vs. Minnesota

at Cleveland

Garland

at Boston

vs. NYY

@Minnesota

@Texas

vs. Detroit

vs. LAA

@ Minnesota

vs. Cleveland

@Detroit

@ Cleveland

Garcia

at NYY

vs. Minnesota

@ Minnesota

@ Seattle

vs. Detroit

vs. KC

@ KC

@ Minnesota

Minnesota

@ Detroit

Edited by Greg Hibbard

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 01:32 PM)
Are we sure they're going to get 10 starts?  If September rolls around and we have a healthy lead, won't some scrubs be getting starts?

I was just thinking that. I'm sure the last week or two, McCarthy or Adkins may be thrown in to a start or two to align the rotation for the playoffs.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 01:37 PM)
I was just thinking that.  I'm sure the last week or two, McCarthy or Adkins may be thrown in to a start or two to align the rotation for the playoffs.

With the stretch we have coming up though, if the Sox start scuffling and the tribe pulls within 10, I don't expect anyone to be getting any time off until RIGHT at the end.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 12:37 PM)
I was just thinking that.  I'm sure the last week or two, McCarthy or Adkins may be thrown in to a start or two to align the rotation for the playoffs.

They're already talking about giving Adkins 1/2 of the Twin Bill at Texas.

By the way...I think few things would go over better than having 2 20 game winners on this team.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 02:32 PM)
Are we sure they're going to get 10 starts?  If September rolls around and we have a healthy lead, won't some scrubs be getting starts?

that is a good question, but as far as pitchers go, do you want them out of their rythym?? Do you risk them getting rusty to rest them?? I thought keeping them pitching was the best thing to keep them from losing their stuff. I would think most likely that they will be taken out of games earlier, with lower pitch counts.

who knows we shall see

QUOTE(wsox08 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 03:03 PM)
Let's see how many more of those games will be blown by Vizcaino and how many losses he ends up with..... damn him

His ERA since the start of June is 1.73. His ERA since the start of July is 1.05. His ERA since the all-star break is 0.93.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 05:13 PM)
His ERA since the start of June is 1.73.  His ERA since the start of July is 1.05.  His ERA since the all-star break is 0.93.

That is a great stat. I knew he was playing better lately but had no idea it was that good.

that is even after the blast he gave up to ManRam (unearned)

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 05:13 PM)
His ERA since the start of June is 1.73.  His ERA since the start of July is 1.05.  His ERA since the all-star break is 0.93.

Funny thing is I can't really recall him doing anything positive in any sort of pressure situation.

I was pulling for him early on, but he lost almost all of my faith with the times I saw him pitch rather horribly.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 05:27 PM)
Funny thing is I can't really recall him doing anything positive in any sort of pressure situation.

I was pulling for him early on, but he lost almost all of my faith with the times I saw him pitch rather horribly.

6/29/05