Six Feet Under

Steff

How do you SFU fans like the last season so far.

Personally I like Nate gone. Hated his character. David was great last night in mourning, but this crap with the attacker flashbacks is irritating. I sure hope Maya doesn't end up being raised by Ruth. She's messed up enough kids lives, IMO.

I never watched it, but before Entourage last night, I saw the little commercial about it being the last season and actors saying how important the show is in the history of TV.

Come on, I understand it is popular, but can you put it on the same level as Sopranos, Sex and the City, Seinfeld, Simpsons, even Larry Sanders? With all due respect, people will have forgotten about this show in a few years.

Let me brace my self for the outlash from it's diehards.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 04:40 PM)
I never watched it, but before Entourage last night, I saw the little commercial about it being the last season and actors saying how important the show is in the history of TV.

Come on, I understand it is popular, but can you put it on the same level as Sopranos, Sex and the City, Seinfeld, Simpsons, even Larry Sanders? With all due respect, people will have forgotten about this show in a few years.

Let me brace my self for the outlash from it's diehards.

No outlash.. but in it's defense how can you comment on it's importance if you've never seen it Brian..?

And to answer your question - and having watched it from the start - I put it up there.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 03:50 PM)
No outlash.. but in it's defense how can you comment on it's importance if you've never seen it Brian..?

And to answer your question - and having watched it from the start - I put it up there.

You got me.

I guess I kind of meant that it's not known like the Sopranos is known. How Sopranos is quoted and how everyone knows the characters, whether you seen or it or not.

Anywho, This season of Entourage is top notch. I was worried if they could keep finding storylines for everyone, but they do and it's a riot and entertaining.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 05:02 PM)
This was another one of those shows that lost my interest after about the first season...

Not something kids would find entertaining.. I agree.

Hopefully you can take the above as it is intended. ;)

I watched it regularly, until this season. I just can't get into it this year. I know it is supposed to be a messed up family, but just watching all those people do such idiotic things just gets boring. Nate is better off dead, his character was an ass. Enough with the flashbacks from David. Someone needs to b****-slap the Ruth, AND Claire. And Federico, well, he is just an idiot.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 05:05 PM)
Not something kids would find entertaining.. I agree.

Hopefully you can take the above as it is intended.  ;)

Could you elaborate? :huh:

Edit: I guess you mean the 40-and-over crowd, those closer to death, find it more interesting... :P

Edited by SleepyWhiteSox

Used to love the show, but I fired it after the whole carjacking episode from last season, it was just too much. I haven't seen an episode this season, though I did catch the end of the episode where Nate dies.

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 05:11 PM)
I watched it regularly, until this season.  I just can't get into it this year.  I know it is supposed to be a messed up family, but just watching all those people do such idiotic things just gets boring.  Nate is better off dead, his character was an ass.  Enough with the flashbacks from David.  Someone needs to b****-slap the Ruth, AND Claire.  And Federico, well, he is just an idiot.

LOL.. Good summation. And I agree, it's tough to get into if you haven't seen them from the start and understand why they are how they are and how they got there. My neighbor saw the end of last season and ended up renting the DVD's and watched them in the spring before this season started and she likes it a lot better since she knows their history.

It lost me after season 3, but I've picked it up again. I'm enjoying this last season, so far. There aren't as many f'ed up relationships...except for Ruth.

As for the flashbacks, after hearing David talk about how Nate used to protect him as a kid, the flashbacks make sense to me. Nate isn't around to protect him anymore and Keith hasn't reached that status yet. That's what I got out of it.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 05:12 PM)
Could you elaborate? :huh:

Edit:  I guess you mean the 40-and-over crowd, those closer to death, find it more interesting...    :P

Can't comment since I'm not over 40... but I would say those with closed minds and limited knowledge would have a hard time comprehending it.

QUOTE(TheDybber @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 05:42 PM)
It lost me after season 3, but I've picked it up again.  I'm enjoying this last season, so far.  There aren't as many f'ed up relationships...except for Ruth. 

As for the flashbacks, after hearing David talk about how Nate used to protect him as a kid, the flashbacks make sense to me.  Nate isn't around to protect him anymore and Keith hasn't reached that status yet.  That's what I got out of it.

I didn't catch that, but it makes a lot of sense.

Great show, and I think it's held up much better in the later seasons than Sopranos did. The writing had become complete formula in Sopranos, but if you pack in enough of the good stuff (violence, f-boms, and sex) then sometimes it goes unnoticed. They also still care enough about the show not to get hung up over contract disputes and make fans wait almost two years for the next season.

I may not even bother with the last Sopramos season when it finally comes around.

The only good thing about Six Feet Under ending is that it means new Curb Your Enthusiasms are right around the corner. :headbang