YOFU

KipWellsFan

This caught my eye:

He was equally popular with Backman and Birmingham pitching coach Juan Nieves. That’s mainly because of his durability and command of no less than seven pitches.

“I throw a fastball in the lower 90s, a curve, slider, two-seam fastball, forkball and a couple of others,” said Yofu with a smile. “I was basically a starting pitcher in Taiwan, but I’ll pitch wherever they want to get to the Major Leagues.”

“He’s got them all, including a great split-finger, and is the best athlete and best fielding pitcher we had on the roster,” Backman added. “He might throw too many pitches. Yofu has a really good fastball, but I think he’s lost a little velocity because of all the pitches he does throw. We tried to get him to trust in his fastball a little bit more.”

Seven pitches? God damn.

This caught my eye:

He was equally popular with Backman and Birmingham pitching coach Juan Nieves. That?s mainly because of his durability and command of no less than seven pitches.

?I throw a fastball in the lower 90s, a curve, slider, two-seam fastball, forkball and a couple of others,? said Yofu with a smile. ?I was basically a starting pitcher in Taiwan, but I?ll pitch wherever they want to get to the Major Leagues.?

?He?s got them all, including a great split-finger, and is the best athlete and best fielding pitcher we had on the roster,? Backman added. ?He might throw too many pitches. Yofu has a really good fastball, but I think he?s lost a little velocity because of all the pitches he does throw. We tried to get him to trust in his fastball a little bit more.?

Seven pitches? God damn.

Maybe I should start a Yofu watch...