Official Game Thread, August 9th

Ishmookie

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 05:18 PM)
LOL, and then when it's a strike 'em out throw 'em out there would be b****ing about taking too close of a pitch.

Probably. But not from me. I'd love to see some more called 3rd strikes. Means we are trying to take some walks.

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 11:19 PM)
Probably. But not from me. I'd love to see some more called 3rd strikes. Means we are trying to take some walks.

One of our biggest problems on offense lately has been taking too many called 3rd strikes. Pods has to lead the world in called 3rd strikes. What would help this offense is to learn to fight off the tough pitches for fouls, and capitalize on the get-me-overs.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 05:21 PM)
One of our biggest problems on offense lately has been taking too many called 3rd strikes.  Pods has to lead the world in called 3rd strikes.  What would help this offense is to learn to fight off the tough pitches for fouls, and capitalize on the get-me-overs.

We have six in the last 3 games. 4 by Pods. So it's a Pods problem. Not a team problem. The rest of them need to try and take a walk sometime.

QUOTE(GBlum27 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 05:27 PM)
Because this crew HATES us.  I'm not even kidding it's really really obvious.

Well, if Chacon loses his grip and accidently hits us, I expect him to be tossed than.

QUOTE(GBlum27 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 04:27 PM)
Because this crew HATES us.  I'm not even kidding it's really really obvious.

But they did warn Both teams, right? So in theory the Yankee pitcher might worry about pitching inside too? (Not like that crap in Oakland earlier this year where I think they only warned our team not to retaliate)

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 04:30 PM)
This isn't really going to hurt us. Now they can't retaliate today, they'll have to do it tomorrow.

I'd rather have Freddy on the mound if they retaliate than Jose. Jose will hit enough people as it is. Freddy can at least work around baserunners.