Official Game Thread, August 9th

Ishmookie

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 05:28 PM)
Well, if Chacon loses his grip and accidently hits us, I expect him to be tossed than.

Nope, they will rule its unintentional. But if Jose even farts the wrong way he will be rung. Atkins will be in this game.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 05:35 PM)
I hate Timo Perez.

Ozzie on the pregame said he is going with the same lineup last night because it seemed to work for us, it got us a lot of hits.

Ozzie needs whatever excuse to get his girlfriend in the game.

QUOTE(tony72 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 05:34 PM)
we are not ahead 10 to 0 or behind 10 to 0 so Konerko will get any hits (homeruns)... :D

I'm far from Konerko fan but his homers in the last two games vs. Seattle were big ones.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 05:34 PM)
Nope, they will rule its unintentional.  But if Jose even farts the wrong way he will be rung.  Atkins will be in this game.

I agree. They'll say Chacon lost his grip or something.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 04:36 PM)
Lazy Pop ups.  I have seen this before. 2000 Offense in the playoffs. 

We need a freakin bat, and Timo is not the answer.

This whole offense is pressing right now...it's one of those times when 1 guy struggles, 2 guys start pressing to pick them up and end up struggling themselves...

We just need to hope we can snap out of it within a few games and it doesn't last too long.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 05:38 PM)
This whole offense is pressing right now...it's one of those times when 1 guy struggles, 2 guys start pressing to pick them up and end up struggling themselves...

We just need to hope we can snap out of it within a few games and it doesn't last too long.

Look at this year. We struggled as a team to hit and score runs in April and May. In June we got Frank and our offense got a jump start. We hit better in June. In July and now August we have reverted back to crap.

Its not like this offense was raking the ball and we are in a slump. June was the only good month for the offense.