Official Game Thread, August 9th

Ishmookie

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 07:00 PM)
He has a weak arm, though.

But yes, I agree with you that his throw-out % is extremely decieving.

He does have a weak arm but he has a quick release and a pretty accurate arm. He has absolutely no chance though most of the time.

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 11:00 AM)
He has a weak arm, though.

But yes, I agree with you that his throw-out % is extremely decieving.

CERA is of course the most important stat though, and A.J would be one of the league leaders no doubt.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 01:01 AM)
CERA is of course the most important stat though, and A.J would be one of the league leaders no doubt.

I have no problem with AJ defensively, especially if this 20 HR thing he's got goin' on this year is going to continue for the next three-four years.

Plus, he's pretty damn good at blocking balls in the dirt.

Gosh, are Konerko and Iguchi the ONLY two guys in this lineup who realize that Chacon walks an awful lot of guys?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 11:03 AM)
I have no problem with AJ defensively, especially if this 20 HR thing he's got goin' on this year is going to continue for the next three-four years.

Plus, he's pretty damn good at blocking balls in the dirt.

Gosh, are Konerko and Iguchi the ONLY two guys in this lineup who realize that Chacon walks an awful lot of guys?

I suppose with our lineup, really you've got 3 guys in Gooch, Paulie and Pods who know how to take a walk, which is something Crede, Uribe etc. need to learn to do a better job of if they're going to stick around for the long - term.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 08:05 PM)
I suppose with our lineup, really you've got 3 guys in Gooch, Paulie and Pods who know how to take a walk, which is something Crede, Uuribe etc. need to learn to do a better job of if they're going to stick around for the long - term.

Of course Pierz has never taken a walk in his life and most likely never will.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 11:06 AM)
Of course Pierz has never taken a walk in his life and most likely never will.

That you don't mind so much because he also never strikes out much.

QUOTE(GBlum27 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 07:06 PM)
Timo I take s***s that put together better AB's than you

He ran the count full in his first two ABs. Really worked him well. Still didn't do well in the end though. Just like everybody else.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 11:06 AM)
Leave him alone!!!

He was 2-4 yesterday.

Which shows why he should never be played in 2 straight games (or any MLB game for that matter).

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 01:07 AM)
Which shows why he should never be played in 2 straight games (or any MLB game for that matter).

Nothing is worse than overexposing (no sexual jokes) a career bench player. The scary thing is that Timo will almost definitely be in the lineup tomorrow.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 08:08 PM)
Nothing is worse than overexposing (no sexual jokes) a career bench player.  The scary thing is that Timo will almost definitely be in the lineup tomorrow.

Im thinking Blum plays third tomorrow.