Official Game Thread, August 9th

Ishmookie

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 09:42 AM)
Bernstein went on a 20 minute rant about the facts that...

a.  Dmitri Young is going to be waived

b.  the White Sox will get him

take it for what it's worth, please.  i'm just the messenger.

Well...he did guarantee that his team would be in contention along with Cleveland at the end of the year...

In all seriousness though...I'm starting to wonder if any large bats will hit the waiver wire in the next few weeks. That's something that could really help us.

On the other hand...how many games in a row can your team hit with a .227 average?

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 11:51 AM)
Well...he did guarantee that his team would be in contention along with Cleveland at the end of the year...

In all seriousness though...I'm starting to wonder if any large bats will hit the waiver wire in the next few weeks.  That's something that could really help us.

On the other hand...how many games in a row can your team hit with a .227 average?

My worry is, how many of those bats would actually make it to us with Boston/NY picking before us?

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 10:00 AM)
My worry is, how many of those bats would actually make it to us with Boston/NY picking before us?

Neither of those teams needs a bat. They are both fairly desperate for pitching...both starting and relief for the Yankees and relief in particular for the BoSox.

If it's someone who'd obviously fill a need for either team they might grab them, but in a lot of cases, there's no good reason for them to make a pickup.

With the bats struggling, who better to have on the bump than Jose 'I pitch well in hostile environments' Contreras.

Please step up Jose, we need a win tonight to set up a rubber match with Freddy on the hill.

:headbang LETS GO WHITE SOX :headbang

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 11:52 AM)
Neither of those teams needs a bat.  They are both fairly desperate for pitching...both starting and relief for the Yankees and relief in particular for the BoSox.

If it's someone who'd obviously fill a need for either team they might grab them, but in a lot of cases, there's no good reason for them to make a pickup.

You know the Red Sox are in need of serious bullpen help when they pick up Mike Remlinger. Hitting is the least of their worries, anyway.

Now back to the Game Thread.....

I was very surprised w/how El Duque pitched last night. Considering how that 1st inning went. If not for Aaron, it could have been a lot worse. If Contreras gives up 3 runs or less, the Sox will be in good shape.

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosoxretro:

This may sound like wishful thinking but I think the Sox are going to bust out of their slump tonight against Chacon and really step up for Contreras. The crowd is going to be on him and I look for his team to pick him up. Look for Iguchi to have a big night in the Bronx.

:cheers