Official Game Thread, August 9th

Ishmookie

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 01:42 AM)
Clifford has shut down righties and lefties all year long better than Neal.  In a 1 run game, I'll take my chances with Cliffy.

Cotts has been lights out lately, while Cliff has not been as sharp as he was earlier in the year (hard to match though). Either way, one of them should have been starting the 8th inning. Ozzie has got to learn to trust our bullpen, for better or worse.

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 01:43 AM)
Cotts is a 5th-7th inning middle reliever...not a setup or closer....

Says who? He's one of the best relievers in baseball now. He's been fine in the setup role this season when given the chance.

QUOTE(AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 07:43 PM)
Cotts is a 5th-7th inning middle reliever...not a setup or closer....

No, he's earned the right to be a 7th-8th inning guy. Cliff in Neal should always be pitching the 7th and 8th innings, I just don't want Dam in, in this situation instead of Neal if it comes to it.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 06:44 PM)
Cotts has been lights out lately, while Cliff has not been as sharp as he was earlier in the year (hard to match though).  Either way, one of them should have been starting the 8th inning.  Ozzie has got to learn to trust our bullpen, for better or worse.

He was facing Womack! There is no reason not to let Jose have the chance to get an easy out on a guy hitting .240 with no power.

QUOTE(S720 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 07:43 PM)
Gentlemen,

Buckle down and get ready for a nail-biting experience! 

:gosox1:

I'm confident of this.

Nothing ever comes easy in close games with our team. Granted, we'll pull out majority of them, but you NEVER should expect a quick end to a threat. 1-2-3 innings are unheard of.

QUOTE(AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 01:45 AM)
I don't think I've every seen Cotts in the 8th or 9th inning with a save opp.

No save opportunities, but he's pitched plenty of 8th innings. He's better than Marte this season....no other way to put it.