Official Game Thread, August 9th

Ishmookie

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 10:02 PM)
I know you didn't mean anything cruel.  Everyone just needs to take a step back and realize how lucky he was that he didn't die.  If you've ever sat in the front row of an upper deck, it's scary as hell when you look down.  Thankfully, we didn't have a horrible tragedy occur.

Exactly...when you know the outcome of something is ok and all is well, it is ok to laugh and thankfully, yes, the kid is ok. Lighten up people.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 09:03 PM)
The kid wasn't the only lucky one. Whoever he fell on would have been in bad shape too.

I have been to the cell several times in the upper deck and I am surprised it hasn't happened there and hasn't happened in baseball more often..

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 08:04 PM)
Warm weather, stretch run, and contract season = big 2nd half statistically.  No offensive player has more money to gain with a big finish to the season than PK.

Paul's already made a ton of money, with this first base market and the Mets and Yankees both needing 1st baseman(Giambi's a dh) he'll make some money.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 12:04 PM)
Exactly...when you know the outcome of something is ok and all is well, it is ok to laugh and thankfully, yes, the kid is ok. Lighten up people.

Lighten up? Ok I'll remember that if it happens again and the next time that person is not so lucky.

QUOTE(tony72 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 08:05 PM)
I have been to the cell several times in the upper deck and I am surprised it hasn't happened there and hasn't happened in baseball more often..

Most of the upper deck at USCF they would fall to the club level. Would still do a lot of damage.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 08:04 PM)
Warm weather, stretch run, and contract season = big 2nd half statistically.  No offensive player has more money to gain with a big finish to the season than PK.

He's beed good since June 1. This isn't a recent occurance.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 02:05 AM)
Paul's already made a ton of money, with this first base market and the Mets and Yankees both needing 1st baseman(Giambi's a dh) he'll make some money.

Yes, but he has the chance to go from 3/30 to about 4/50 with a good 2nd half. If Sexson can get a lot of money with his serious shoulder injury history, then PK should be in for a big time contract by someone in need of a 1b.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 09:05 PM)
The Sky Dome was the scariest I've ever been to.

For me it is the new Soldiers' Field. Brian and I went and once we got to our seats he looks at me and says, "I take back anything negative I have ever said about Comiskey's upperdeck." :D

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 12:07 PM)
Yes, but he has the chance to go from 3/30 to about 4/50 with a good 2nd half.  If Sexson can get a lot of money with his serious shoulder injury history, then PK should be in for a big time contract by someone in need of a 1b.

Let's just hope if he does stay with the Sox he gives us a hometown discount. 3/30 sounds pretty fair to me.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 10:05 PM)
:rolly

POST OF THE MONTH!!!! You offer very little knowledgable value, get off my back and stick to hockey...

Anyways, Rowand singles back up the middle almost taking Sturtzes legs off!