Official Game Thread, August 9th

Ishmookie

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This season Ozzie has consistently put players in a position to test them. Theonly thing I can think of is that Ozzie was testing Marte to see if he can get LH out in pressure situations to prepare him for the post-season.

Either that or KW still has a trade up his sleeve and they're show casing him.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 08:29 PM)
That's exactly what you said.

I said "This will be a sickening loss".... however it's only a sickening loss if we actually lose... Of course I guess I should be praising Ozzie's brilliant strategies huh?

We won this game in spite of Ozzie tonight, not because of him... He better put a better lineup on the field tomarrow... I don't ever want to see Timo hitting 5th again... I care too much about this team to want to see them lose games like this when they should of been in the bag... They won... and now I can breathe easier... but to say this wouldn't of been a sickening loss would mean you were in screaming denial...

QUOTE(ptatc @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 09:33 PM)
This season Ozzie has consistently put players in a position to test them. Theonly thing I can think of is that Ozzie was testing Marte to see if he can get LH out in pressure situations to prepare him for the post-season.

Either that or KW still has a trade up his sleeve and they're show casing him.

Ozzie is building himself a baseball team.

I said "This will be a sickening loss".... however it's only a sickening loss if we actually lose... Of course I guess I should be praising Ozzie's brilliant strategies huh?

We won this game in spite of Ozzie tonight, not because of him... He better put a better lineup on the field tomarrow... I don't ever want to see Timo hitting 5th again... I care too much about this team to want to see them lose games like this when they should of been in the bag... They won... and now I can breathe easier... but to say this wouldn't of been a sickening loss would mean you were in screaming denial...

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 09:35 PM)

Yes - the Count deserved to win tonight - !!

CONTRERAS :cheers

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 08:35 PM)

73 wins

Ozzie is a GREAT manager. PERIOD. END OF STATEMENT.

Should Dustin come in earlier. Yes.

But for people to assume we will lose immmediately and call Ozzie a "stupid f***ing manager" is outregeous.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 08:31 PM)
And here is where you said we'd lose.

Yep... and guess what... I was still right...

It wasn't until Ozzie stopped being a dumbass and brought Hermy in that we actually won... If he'd of left Marte in we would of lost and it would of been a sickening loss...

But don't let silly things like details get in the way of your rant... I am hardly the most negative person on this board, i'm hardly the most reactionary...

I haven't been on this board much because of all of the people posting who do nothing but post stupid trade ideas that would screw up the team or people who acted like when I got upset when the manager was acting stupid or we just crapped our pants... Sometimes people have to vent...

Honestly I don't know why I bother to defend myself... because chances are i'm not going to be posting here that much for the next few weeks... I'll make the occasional post in the occasional thread... and when I post anything that isn't totally sugar and sunshine toward the Sox i'll get flamed like I was the most negative person to ever have a computer...

Believe it or not REAL SOX FANS DON'T ENJOY SEEING THEIR TEAM LOSE...

Well thats the end of my vent... i'm sick of arguing about this...

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 08:39 PM)
73 wins

Ozzie is a GREAT manager. PERIOD. END OF STATEMENT.

Should Dustin come in earlier. Yes.

But for people to assume we will lose immmediately and call Ozzie a "stupid f***ing manager" is outregeous.

Your totally right... HE IS A GREAT MANAGER!!!

Thats exactly why I get so pissed when he does stupid things like this series...

The heart of the order was a joke... and Marte in the 9th... the same Marte with Hawkins disease...

Yikes...

Maybe I expect better because I know Ozzie is smarter then this...