Hey honey, how ya doin back there? Honey..honey..?

Steff

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/08/08...reut/index.html

Man forgets wife at gas station

Monday, August 8, 2005; Posted: 10:36 a.m. EDT (14:36 GMT)

ROME, Italy (Reuters) -- A Macedonian man left his wife at an Italian service station and only realized he had driven off without her six hours later, news agency Ansa said.

The couple, who were travelling with their 4-year-old daughter, pulled over for petrol in the coastal city of Pesaro as they were heading back to their home to Germany.

After filling the tank, the husband drove away -- without noticing that his 30-year-old wife, originally from Georgia, had got out of the car to go to the toilet.

The woman, who had no money or documents with her, contacted the police who eventually traced her husband to Milan, some 340 km (210 miles) north of Pesaro, Ansa said.

The husband told police he had not missed his wife because she always sat in the back of the car with their daughter.

Why didn't the kid say something? At four, the kid can speak, and either of my kids would FREAK if I drove away without Mom.

And how the hell do you miss an ADULT in the friggin' car!?! I could see a motorhome...but not a friggin CAR!

Edited by Kid Gleason

I managed it once. :ph34r:

It was on the way to a Sox game no less. We were at one of those McDonalds/Mobil oasis things that go over 90 between Chicago and Rockford.

I stopped to get gas and my wife (who was sitting in the back seat) got out to use the bathroom. After I finished filling up I jumped in and started to drive away. My friend who was sitting in the passenger seat said "What are you doing?"

I only managed to get across the parking lot though. Can't figure out how you could drive for 6 hours without noticing...

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 11:04 AM)
We were at one of those McDonalds/Mobil oasis things that go over 90 between Chicago and Rockford.

That is without a doubt the greatest Oasis on the face of the earth!!! It's just a damn shame it is being completely revamped and won't resemble what it once was. So many night after shows in the city were spent at that joint at 1 in the morning. Big Mac and Fries were the standard post show dining experience.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 11:46 AM)
That is without a doubt the greatest Oasis on the face of the earth!!! It's just a damn shame it is being completely revamped and won't resemble what it once was. So many night after shows in the city were spent at that joint at 1 in the morning. Big Mac and Fries were the standard post show dining experience.

For me the post-show dining highlight was hitting one of the all-night burrito places and eating a football-sized chicken burrito....with a Diet Coke, of course.... :D

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 01:46 PM)

Every fishing trip we go on, we stop at the over-highway oasis' in Belvidere. Well, we used to. That damn construction isnt done yet...

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 03:17 PM)
Really? I thought they were done with the Belvidere one.

I might have them mixed up. There are 2 from Chicago to Rockford. 1 is done and the other is not. I probably have them mixed up.