postgame whining about umpiring

Greg Hibbard

QUOTE(TLAK @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 05:53 PM)
How did they fit that into the Golf and Rock and Roll show?

Worst broadcast of the year, they missed entire at bats.  I had to look it up on GameDay to see how Cantu got on 1b, for all I could tell from the radio he just parachuted in with the Elvis'.

Terrible, lazy broadcast.  Not calling plays is like a batter not running out a ground ball.

What game are you talking about? Last nights game was against the Yankees. Jorge Cantu is on the Devil Rays. And Elvis night was against the Mariners.

Im kind of confused about your statement. :huh

Is anyone else getting really sick of Bryan Dolgin. All he is is a company man. Wilsy was honest and wouldn't suggarcoat anything. Dolgin is always kissing the Sox asses. For example teh game that Buehrle got thrown out the first thing dolgin said was how the umpires don't respect the sox. I'm sorry but how 2 umps act doesn't mean that the umps are out to get the sox. Almost all of the umps have been fair. He was also blaming the umps for last night.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 05:57 PM)
What game are you talking about?  Last nights game was against the Yankees.  Jorge Cantu is on the Devil Rays.  And Elvis night was against the Mariners.

Im kind of confused about your statement. :huh

Sorry, the kid who plays 2nd, Robinson Canu. Maybe if they had announced the game properly I would have remembered.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 05:58 PM)
Is anyone else getting really sick of Bryan Dolgin.  All he is is a company man.  Wilsy was honest and wouldn't suggarcoat anything.  Dolgin is always kissing the Sox asses.  For example teh game that Buehrle got thrown out the first thing dolgin said was how the umpires don't respect the sox.  I'm sorry but how 2 umps act doesn't mean that the umps are out to get the sox.  Almost all of the umps have been fair.  He was also blaming the umps for last night.

If you dont like it, then PM him.

QUOTE(sti3 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 03:38 PM)
How ironic.  The meaningful calls in the last couple of games all went in our favor.  I thought all the umps hated Ozzie!  Wait...  do you mean... they actually exhibited some PROFESSIONALISM?  No way!

I think there was plenty of complaining about the umps...on a few tags, on that ball that ARod ran into, on a few stolen base attempts by Pods, etc.

Razor thin margins are okay with me as long as we are on the right side of them. I actually think they help us immensely in preparing for the postseason.

In 2000, we went in expecting to crush teams. But when we ran into good pitching and tightened up from the pressure of the postseason, we had no resiliency.

This team knows it isn't going to score a lot, but how often do we get shut out? We've won back to back games scoring 2 runs against a ferocious offensive team. That's a huge plus if you ask me.

We also have unlikely heros step up. Uribe's triple off Rivera today for example. Contreras throwing 7 shut out innings. Iguchi's recent long balls (won two games).