Griffey would not play CF

Harry Chappas

Ok this may be the wrong place and if addressed somewhere I aplolgize but the following sources have stated over the past week that Rowand would be displaced by Griffey should he be brought in.

Harrelson and DJ in response to an e-mail

Bruce Levine

Some nit wit from Sporting News Radio on the CLTV Round Table Sunday night

ESPN dolts

Many folks on this site.

Should by some miracle of god we did get him he would fill the role Everett had when Thomas was here and Everett would fill the role Thomas had when Thomas was here with less at-bats then Frank. The OF'ers need a day off here or there and Timo is an embarrassment. Another injury and we are done, we will not play above .400 ball and out pitchers will be toast from the stress of having to throw a shut out everyday.

In the game last night they talked of how NY was going to get him. If the cash is right they will get him.

Although I did hear on the cub radio braodcast, first insightful thing ever, that the Reds were about to be sold and they did not want to risk the devaluation of the franchise by giving up Griffey. This may be who we are fighting for and why if the Yanks will eat the $$$ the will get him.

I actually think Pods is an ideal DH as he can play everyday and run without tiring. This team is looking tired offensivly and there is nowhere to turn.

Where is Pablo OZuna, I thought he was a fine spark but we haven't seen him in weeks again.

QUOTE(HSC's Biggest Fan @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 11:14 AM)
Ok this may be the wrong place and if addressed somewhere I aplolgize but the following sources have stated over the past week that Rowand would be displaced by Griffey should he be brought in.

Bruce Levine

ESPN dolts

Many folks on this site.

Should by some miracle of god we did get him he would fill the role Everett had when Thomas was here and Everett would fill the role Thomas had when Thomas was here with less at-bats then Frank.  The OF'ers need a day off here or there and Timo is an embarrassment.  Another injury and we are done, we will not play above .400 ball and out pitchers will be toast from the stress of having to throw a shut out everyday.

In the game last night they talked of how NY was going to get him.  If the cash is right they will get him.

Although I did hear on the cub radio braodcast, first insightful thing ever, that the Reds were about to be sold and they did not want to risk the devaluation of the franchise by giving up Griffey.  This may be who we are fighting for and why if the Yanks will eat the $$$ the will get him.

I actually think Pods is an ideal DH as he can play everyday and run without tiring.  This team is looking tired offensivly and there is nowhere to turn.

Where is Pablo OZuna, I thought he was a fine spark but we haven't seen him in weeks again.

Assuming that Rowand isn't part of a trade (I highly doubt that) -isn't it fair to assume that Ozzie would do what he's done all season - get all 3 of his OF's rest, and basically rotate them. So, Rowand may still be the primary CF, but Griffey would occasionally play there as well to give Rowand time off.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 11:21 AM)
There is no way the Yankees will let Griffey pass by them and let him fall to us.

If Griffey is placed on waivers, I gaurantee with 100% certainty that the New York Yankees will NOT claim in. They simply do not want to spend the money on a 36 year old CFer when they're planning on making a run at a CFer in the offseason + pitching and offer DLee $100M+ after the '06 season. If they picked up Griffey they won't be able to afford alll this. Most of their player's salaries are going way up over the next 3 years. The Yankees do not have unlimited money, otherwise Shawn Chacon would not be starting for them tonight.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 10:32 AM)
can somebody sticky the reasons why Griffey is not coming to the Sox so that we don't have to keep explaining it?

I think my post explained why we won't get him and why the Cinninnati ownership would've blocked the deal. I did not see this here and thought it was insightful as to why we did not get him. Sorry if I wasted your precious time from railing against someone.

QUOTE(HSC's Biggest Fan @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 09:14 AM)

Bruce Levine

ESPN dolts

Many folks on this site.

Should by some miracle of god we did get him he would fill the role Everett had when Thomas was here and Everett would fill the role Thomas had when Thomas was here with less at-bats then Frank.  The OF'ers need a day off here or there and Timo is an embarrassment.  Another injury and we are done, we will not play above .400 ball and out pitchers will be toast from the stress of having to throw a shut out everyday.

In the game last night they talked of how NY was going to get him.  If the cash is right they will get him.

Although I did hear on the cub radio braodcast, first insightful thing ever, that the Reds were about to be sold and they did not want to risk the devaluation of the franchise by giving up Griffey.  This may be who we are fighting for and why if the Yanks will eat the $$$ the will get him.

I actually think Pods is an ideal DH as he can play everyday and run without tiring.  This team is looking tired offensivly and there is nowhere to turn.

Griffey would take Frank's place, plain and simple. He also gives Aaron days off in CF, and against tough RH's. Everett would rotate w/ Pods, Dye, and Griffey, and be our LH batter off the bench.

QUOTE(HSC's Biggest Fan @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 11:59 AM)
I think my post explained why we won't get him and why the Cinninnati ownership would've blocked the deal.  I did not see this here and thought it was insightful as to why we did not get him.  Sorry if I wasted your precious time from railing against someone.

I was responding the the post directly before mine.

QUOTE(HSC's Biggest Fan @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 04:14 PM)

exactly the aquisition of Blum has pretty much screwed Ozuna out of any playing time. And as far as Griffey clearing waivers- it just wont happen. He's a Red for life. We just better hope Carl gets healthy- and QUICK!

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 10:38 AM)
If Griffey is placed on waivers, I gaurantee with 100% certainty that the New York Yankees will NOT claim in. They simply do not want to spend the money on a 36 year old CFer when they're planning on making a run at a CFer in the offseason + pitching and offer DLee $100M+ after the '06 season. If they picked up Griffey they won't be able to afford alll this. Most of their player's salaries are going way up over the next 3 years. The Yankees do not have unlimited money, otherwise Shawn Chacon would not be starting for them tonight.

Listen to this man. He knows what he's talking about.