wow, who thought it was this bad

Greg Hibbard

August batting averages BA/OBP/HR/RBI

(In Podsednik's case it's stolen bases and runs instead of home runs and rbis)

Podsednik .138/.167/2/2

Iguchi .259/.333/1/2

Dye .222/.329/0/1

Crede .130/.167/1/1

Uribe .133/.278/0/0

Perez .200/.333/0/1

whoa....this is a serious funk we are in. I know it's only 8 games, but sheesh...that's a bad eight games.

Pierzynski, Rowand and Konerko are all hitting the cover off the ball in August, but the rest of the team is seriously awful right now. Everett was hitting .286 in August when he went down...

I guess the good news is that even with this funk we are 4-4 in August....

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 12:58 PM)
Wow, another negative thread from "Greg Hibbard", why am I not surprised? 11 of your last 15 topics have been negative. You'd think we were 13.5 Games back instead of 13.5 games up.

You're telling me you are very positive about the way our offense has looked?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 12:58 PM)
Wow, another negative thread from "Greg Hibbard", why am I not surprised? 11 of your last 15 topics have been negative. You'd think we were 13.5 Games back instead of 13.5 games up.
STOP THE PRESS! We're slumping offensively? Looks like it's time to engage in a time-honored Pale Hose tradition and fire the hitting coach. Edited by sti3

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 01:00 PM)
11 of our last 15 games have been negative. There you go.

How about, you only post if you have something bad to say about the team? That's a pretty true statement, maybe you like not be happy with the team. Ever since they started scuffling seems like you've been starting an aweful lot more topics and the great majority of them have been negative.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 12:00 PM)
11 of our last 15 games have been negative. There you go.

Doing something we haven't done as an organization in 51 years is as negative as it gets.

I think they are talking of trading matt lawton at cubnation.cub Isn't D Lee hitting under .100 the last 10 games maybe he should be put on waivers or outright released.

QUOTE(sti3 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 01:01 PM)
STOP THE PRESS!  We're slumping offensively?  Looks like it's time to engage in a time-honored Pale Hose tradition and fire the hitting coach.

Peopole have been calling for Greg Walker's head all year because he's appearently telling the players to hit for a low average and try to hit more homeruns.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 12:02 PM)
How about, you only post if you have something bad to say about the team? That's a pretty true statement, maybe you like not be happy with the team. Ever since they started scuffling seems like you've been starting an aweful lot more topics and the great majority of them have been negative.

You know usually when people have a problem with me, I tell them to ignore my threads. However, you're doing such a good job bumping this one, I'm gonna let it go.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 02:05 PM)
You know usually when people have a problem with me, I tell them to ignore my threads. However, you're doing such a good job bumping this one, I'm gonna let it go.

You should take a week off of SoxTalk...or 5.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 01:07 PM)
Nah, I'll stick around. If people actually bothered to do a search on my posts, they would see that I've been pretty damn optimistic for most of this season.

Until we hit a rough spot in the season. Then the optimism seemed to diminish.

I just wish Ozzie didn't come out talking about how we weren't going to play "half-assed" in the second half. The second I heard that, I got a bad feeling. We aren't exactly playing like the same team so far in the second half. I know we beat up on our division, and that's great, but those guys haven't been tearing it up themselves either really. That is obvious by them NOT being closer to us. Lord knows we are giving them plenty of chances to gain some ground. I still believe we will go post season, but we had better turn back into the first half team before then, or at that point, or we will experience 2000 all over again.