LMFAO!

TheBigHurt

This may seem like a meaningless topic, but it was so funny I had to share it.

I recently bought a used game entitled "Sports Talk Baseball" for Sega Genesis(I'm a big nostalgic freak), which is from 1992 I believe, and found it to be so much fun. The only thing is it's EASY. I've been playing through season mode with ease beating each and every team(YES, as the White Sox).

UNTIL.......

Indeed playing as the White Sox, I get to the first series with Oakland. Oakland ges base hit after base hit after base hit. Living up to the miracle working the Sox have been known for, I come back from a 6-2 defecit and win 9-7. The next 2 games however........ I get destroyed and shut down.

I'm not sure how far back this unfortunate disadvantage against the A's goes, but damn, this is getting pretty scary.........

Edited by TheBigHurt

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 02:49 PM)
This may seem like a meaningless topic, but it was so funny I had to share it.

I recently bought a used game entitled "Sports Talk Baseball" for Sega Genesis(I'm a big nostalgic freak), which is from 1992 I believe, and found it to be so much fun. The only thing is it's EASY. I've been playing through season mode with ease beating each and every team(YES, as the White Sox).

UNTIL.......

Indeed playing as the White Sox, I get to the first series with Oakland. Oakland ges base hit after base hit after base hit. Living up to the miracle working the Sox have been known for, I come back from a 6-2 defecit and win 9-7. The next 2 games however........ I get destroyed and shut down.

I'm not sure how far back this unfortunate disadvantage against the A's goes, but damn, this is getting pretty scary.........

The Sox just plain suck vs the Athletics. Be it the Philadelphia Athletics, the Kansas City Athletics, or the Oakland Athletics.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 02:19 PM)
Hey, I just beat the A's on Ken Griffey Junior Baseball(SNES Version) 6-1!!! I hope that's a good omen. Of course, our modern Sox don't have anyone like U. Josh or the speedy Russel.

thats a great game. I programmed all the current names in there. Officer is awesome in that game.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 02:19 PM)
Hey, I just beat the A's on Ken Griffey Junior Baseball(SNES Version) 6-1!!! I hope that's a good omen. Of course, our modern Sox don't have anyone like U. Josh or the speedy Russel.

I have the N64 version of KGJ baseball. I love it, I usually set it to a 162 game season and end up winning around 145-150 games. All the players look totally juiced up and hitting homeruns is really easy. My problem is always the pitchers, they tire really easy, the stamina function just doesnt work right. My pitchers were always dying by the 5th inning no matter which team I play and which pitcher I use. The funny thing about it is that opposing pitchers get better against me when they lose their stuff, striking me out on pitches that sweep about 10 inches outside the plate going 50 MPH. Its like facing Shingo for 5 innings.