36 members have voted

1. 1. Which state is worse?

• Iowa
    • Nebraska

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 12:09 AM)
I like Dubuque, so Iowa gets my preference.

As for "icky" states? Any that are hot. I don't like the heat at all.

And I can't stand the cold. I'm longing for Arizona again. 48 degrees in faronheight today (which I know sounds quite pleasant to you Chicago people come Winter Time).

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 02:09 PM)
I like Dubuque, so Iowa gets my preference.

As for "icky" states? Any that are hot. I don't like the heat at all.

Dubuque, except for the minute downtown area is kind of a craphole. Went there for a wedding last year...

Never been to Nebraska or West of the Amana colonies in Iowa, but Iowa isn't that bad. Hilly, green, and Iowa City is nice. If I had to choose the worst state I have been in...I think it would have to be Oklahoma. If I never step foot in that state again, it would be too soon.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 08:47 PM)
If you've ever driven out to Colorado on I-80, Nebraska just kinda feels like death. It just doesn't end either.

Done that drive many times, and I seriously can't tell the difference between Iowa and Nebraska. The only thing that stands out during that drive is the giant Indian memorial overpass they have in Nebraska.

Come to think of it, up until you get to the Quad Cities, the drive through Illinois ain't much different.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 12:53 PM)
No offense to you people from Illinois, but I can't stand to drive through that state, especially on Interstate 55.

Agreed. At least Normal and Springfield are on the way. They're like landmarks among nothingness.

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 04:05 PM)
Nebraska, at least Iowa is NEAR places that don't suck.

I also, though, have a small grudge against Nebraskans.

Like what places? Omaha? Omaha is in Nebraska. everything sucks in Iowa. At least Nebraska has a city. Omaha's population is very comparable to plenty US cities.

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 11:30 PM)
Dated a Nebraskan. His family (mostly mom) hated me, mother would do rosaries anytime she saw me, occassionally throwing me a nasty glance before or after she would dive in. And he was kind of spinless and boring. And he refused to listen to anything but crappy smooth jazz anytime we went for a car ride. And he wore leather gloves while drive Autumn through Spring.

:rolly what a good reason to pick Iowa.

what does Iowa have that is bigger than the College World series?

Love them or hate them The nebraska Cornhuskers are one of the winningest/storied programs in Ncaa history. That in itself gives sports fans attractions in Lincoln to stop by and see.

They even have decent Gambling out there. Anyone go to Aksarben?

The fishing and Hunting are great when you head out to Western Nebraska.

Don't just bash Nebraska, People. Get you're facts straight.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 12:34 PM)
what does Iowa have that is bigger than the College World series?

Love them or hate them  The nebraska Cornhuskers are one of the winningest/storied programs in Ncaa history. That in itself gives sports fans attractions in Lincoln to stop by and see.

They even have decent Gambling out there. Anyone go to Aksarben?

The fishing and Hunting are great when you head out to Western Nebraska. 

Don't just bash Nebraska, People. Get you're facts straight.

Well, if you want to go by the people it draws, the Iowa State Fair smashes the CWS to fine powder.

Iowa has great gambling, fishing, hunting, etc.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 12:42 PM)
Well, if you want to go by the people it draws, the Iowa State Fair smashes the CWS to fine powder.

Iowa has great gambling, fishing, hunting, etc.

understand, I have no beef with Iowa. I am just defending the place where I spent 4 years of my life. I am sure the people of Iowa are just as great as the people of Nebraska.

I am sure Notre Dame fans can tell you (when Nebraska visited South Bend) Nebraska fans are classy and some of the nicest people you will ever meet. It reflects on the majority of the state. I had plenty of good times out there.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 12:46 PM)
Does everyone realize you're arguing who is the suckier of the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked?

I don't understand you're comment. I have lived in chicago 75 % of my life and I am telling you Nebraska is a great place. Iowa and Nebraska suck based on what? What you seen when you drove trough? What you heard? Tell me. Have you actually spent more than a few days in either state?

QUOTE(rangercal @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 12:55 PM)
I don't understand you're comment.  I have lived in chicago 75 % of my life and I am telling you Nebraska is a great place. Iowa and Nebraska  suck  based on what? What you seen when you drove trough? What you heard?  Tell me. Have you actually spent more than a few days in either state?

You're taking things a little too seriously, my friend. It was a joke and nothing more.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 01:26 PM)
Like what places? Omaha? Omaha is in Nebraska.  everything sucks in Iowa.  At least Nebraska has a city.  Omaha's population is very comparable to plenty US cities.

Iowa is close to the Twin Cities, within a few hours from Chicago and Madison. If you have 5 hours to drive in Iowa you could go cool places--drive 5 hours from Nebraska and you're still in suck central.

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 01:17 PM)
Iowa is close to the Twin Cities, within a few hours from Chicago and Madison. If you have 5 hours to drive in Iowa you could go cool places--drive 5 hours from Nebraska and you're still in suck central.

with that theory, North Dakota must be great too. Nebraska is not much further from Cities as Chicago, Kansas City, and Denver. Try harder chisoxy girl, I know you are capable of it.