36 members have voted

1. 1. Which state is worse?

• Iowa
    • Nebraska

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(rangercal @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 02:24 PM)
with that theory, North Dakota must be  great too.  Nebraska is not much further from Cities as Chicago, Kansas City, and Denver. Try harder chisoxy girl, I know you are capable of it.

What? That makes no sense.

You obviously aren't understanding the term "opinion," and my opinion is I would rather be in Iowa because of it's proximity to other more fun places.

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 01:31 PM)
What? That makes no sense.

You obviously aren't understanding the term "opinion," and my opinion is I would rather be in Iowa because of it's proximity to other more fun places.

I'm searching to understand you're opinion better. You are definately entitled to you're opinion.I just expected a more superior answer from you. Iowa is better because you got you're heart broken in Nebraska? Iowa is better because it is closer to Madison and Chicago? Based on prior topics/posts I have read from you, I know you are very astute. I'm sorry I expected a stronger opinion from you.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 03:15 PM)
I'm searching to understand you're opinion better.  You are definately entitled to you're opinion.I just expected a more superior answer from you. Iowa is better because you got you're heart broken in Nebraska? Iowa is better because it is closer to Madison and Chicago? Based on prior topics/posts I have read from you, I know you are very astute. I'm sorry I expected a stronger opinion from you.

Iowa is better in my opinion, because I enjoy being close to large cities with a plethora of things to do. I want to be able to drive a few hours and be able to see museums with a good collection of art, artifacts, etc. I DON'T want to be somewhere where the best thing to do all during the fall is go to football games. I think that's as good a reason as any to choose Iowa over the Nebraska--closer to a big cultural center. And when a state's biggest city is sometimes the football stadium on game nights--yeah, I think I'd rather be closer to Minneapolis' great local music scene, the Art Institute, the Sox, the Amana colonies (for a nice weekend getaway), Chicagos' good theatre scene, and all of that. I think that is as good a reason as "I went to school there so that means NE is exempt from all bad talk."

And for the record, I would still choose NE as the worse state if I had never dated my ex--his being from there (and meeting his odd, close-minded and judgemental extended family) is really just extra push into the choosing IA side.

QUOTE(TheDybber @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 02:39 PM)
THIS IS A JOKE:

Q:  You know what the "N" stands for on Nebraska's helmets?

A:  Knowledge!!!

I heard that one. Not funny really.

Look at the facts

http://www.unl.edu/pr/notables/athletics.html

ACADEMIC ALL-AMERICANS Since 1952, UNL has had more GTE Academic All-Americans than any other school in either university or college divisions.

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 03:00 PM)
Iowa is better in my opinion, because I enjoy being close to large cities with a plethora of things to do. I want to be able to drive a few hours and be able to see museums with a good collection of art, artifacts, etc. I DON'T want to be somewhere where the best thing to do all during the fall is go to football games. I think that's as good a reason as any to choose Iowa over the Nebraska--closer to a big cultural center. And when a state's biggest city is sometimes the football stadium on game nights--yeah, I think I'd rather be closer to Minneapolis' great local music scene, the Art Institute, the Sox, the Amana colonies (for a nice weekend getaway), Chicagos' good theatre scene, and all of that. I think that is as good a reason as "I went to school there so that means NE is exempt from all bad talk."

And for the record, I would still choose NE as the worse state if I had never dated my ex--his being from there (and meeting his odd, close-minded and judgemental extended family) is really just extra push into the choosing IA side.

Ok, I see you're point of view. That was what I was looking for. I look at it in a different perspective mainly because, I live in chicago. Nearby cities do not excite me as much. If I am traveling through Iowa and Nebraska it is to get away.

QUOTE(knightni @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 02:41 PM)
Fighting over topics on a message board?

Seriously?

I don't mind debating with Heads22 or chisoxygirl for that matter. I just hate when random posters have no real opinion and post something meaningless. Like, "both states suck" . If you don't like the topic, then move on.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 05:54 PM)
I don't mind debating with Heads22 or chisoxygirl for that matter. I just hate when random posters have no real opinion and post something meaningless. Like, "both states suck" .  If you don't like the topic, then move on.

If you don't like the post or posters, ignore them. Cool down man, seriously.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 11:07 PM)
The only reason you are sticking you're nose in this thread is because of My campbells soup avy.  Get over it.

Dude, get off the wacky stuff. Go to page 1 of this thread and read the 2nd post. :headshake

QUOTE(rangercal @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 03:16 PM)
Spiff No one is talking to you. If you want to call me out , PM me and we can arrange something.

Arrange something? We gonna fight on the playground after school?

I don't care who was talking to me, I'll call you or anyone out on a ridiculous overreaction to a dumb poll.

QUOTE(maggliopipe @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 08:24 AM)
Nebraska, but not by a lot. 

Iowa's saving grace is most definitely Iowa City, a very nice place.  I went to college about 20 miles outside of IC and made the drive at least three times a week for food/entertainment.  Other than that, every other city is an industrial s***hole.  Oh, and Adair, Iowa is also great.

Where'd you go to school?