Official game thread for August 10th

Ishmookie

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 01:05 PM)
If Chacon and Small are really as good as their numbers would indicate, the Yankees will make the playoffs.

Smalls line so far

4 hits, 1 run 7Ks

This is a line I would expect from Mark Prior, Randy Johnson, Johan Santana, etc.

Not Aaron Small.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, stuck at work and can't watch the game. Just wanted to thank everyone for their updates in the gamethread. Looks like another game where our 8-9-1 just can't produce? Lets find a way to win this game, and give KW an off day to come up with a solution to our offensive problems.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 01:09 PM)
Hey guys, stuck at work and can't watch the game.  Just wanted to thank everyone for their updates in the gamethread.  Looks like another game where our 8-9-1 just can't produce?  Lets find a way to win this game, and give KW an off day to come up with a solution to our offensive problems.

Could Vizquel get through waivers?

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 07:09 PM)
Smalls line so far

4 hits, 1 run 7Ks

This is a line I would expect from Mark Prior, Randy Johnson, Johan Santana, etc.

Not Aaron Small.

What do you think the Yankees are saying of their getting shutout for seven innings against Jose Contreras? Or, seven innings of one run ball against Freddy Garcia?

Remember, now, it's all relative. They have guys like A-Rod and Gary Sheffield and Hideki Matsui. In fact, Matsui might be the best hitter if he were put in our lineup.

You only think about our side, never what they're thinking about OUR pitching.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 01:10 PM)
What do you think the Yankees are saying of their getting shutout for seven innings against Jose Contreras?  Or, seven innings of one run ball against Freddy Garcia?

Remember, now, it's all relative.  They have guys like A-Rod and Gary Sheffield and Hideki Matsui.  In fact, Matsui might be the best hitter if he were put in our lineup.

You only think about our side, never what they're thinking about OUR pitching.

I was thinking about this last night. I don't think the Sox have a guy who would hit any higher than 6th in the Yankee line up.