Official game thread for August 10th

Ishmookie

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 11:44 AM)
The sad thing is if our offense was even par with the middle of the league we would go on a bunch of 10+ game win streaks with this pitching staff.

This is what irritates me. We have held the Yanks offense in serious check, and were fighting for our lives to win. A little more offense would go a long way w/ this team.

Boy, this has to be driving the people at Baseball Tonight crazy. If Sox wins they'll have to bury it in about the 45th minute and then stress how well the Yankees starting pitching threw.

If Yankees win they'll have to do the first 15 minutes on how this series exposed the Sox and showed how good the Yankees are

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 12:48 PM)
This is what irritates me. We have held the Yanks offense in serious check, and were fighting for our lives to win. A little more offense would go a long way w/ this team.

I got a question, overall these yankee starters have better era's then the Sox 3 guys, so does that mean the Yankees offense sucks or is our pitching good, I'm confused, these things don't add up.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 12:50 PM)
Anyone can say what they want but if you are going to beat the Angels, A's or Red Sox in the postseason, nevermind the Cardinals or whoever in the NL, you are going to have to score more than 2 or 3 runs a game.

The angels have scored less runs then us.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 12:50 PM)
Anyone can say what they want but if you are going to beat the Angels, A's or Red Sox in the postseason, nevermind the Cardinals or whoever in the NL, you are going to have to score more than 2 or 3 runs a game.

Yep. The Dodgers know all about that too.