Official game thread for August 10th

Ishmookie

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 12:50 PM)
I got a question, overall these yankee starters have better era's then the Sox 3 guys, so does that mean the Yankees offense sucks or is our pitching good, I'm confused, these things don't add up.

When it comes to our offense we seem to run into everyones ace night in and night out.

When the sox leave I have a funny feeling that the Yankee bats will come alive again.

We lead the league in pitching, do the mariners, do the yanks, do the Jays, etc etc

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 11:50 AM)
I got a question, overall these yankee starters have better era's then the Sox 3 guys, so does that mean the Yankees offense sucks or is our pitching good, I'm confused, these things don't add up.

There pitcher's have been good, but not THAT good. We should have been able to score a few more runs off them collectively. We have not put together good ab's, and our Pitcher's have been AWESOME.

Edited by CYGarland

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 11:49 AM)
Boy, this has to be driving the people at Baseball Tonight crazy.  If Sox wins they'll have to bury it in about the 45th minute and then stress how well the Yankees starting pitching threw.

If Yankees win they'll have to do the first 15 minutes on how this series exposed the Sox and showed how good the Yankees are

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I hate ignorant people.

Chacon since coming from the NL has an era of 1.42, k/9 of around 6, and a whip of 1.21. His starts were against Cleveland, Angels, and Sox. Each game he k'd 4, so there goes the conspiracy that Sox did worse against Chacon than others.

Small has an era of 3.15 and a whip of 1.30. He has only given up 3 er in 2 starts, 1 against the Rangers and the other against the Twins.

Its not like these guys have been rocked, they have been good. Generally the first time a hitter sees a pitcher it is in the pitcher's advantage. These 2 guys have not pitched against many Sox hitters.

Seems like nothing more than the pitchers beating the hitters, which is what everyone always says. Good pitching > good hitting.

SB

God damn, now I know why I hate game threads. This is a f***ing crybaby fest in here. :crying OH WE SUCK, BENCH EVERYONE!!!! Jesus Christ people do you enjoy this at all? God if I freaked out this bad over every stinking pitch, I would never watch any baseball... Go do something that makes you HAPPY.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 01:54 PM)
I hate ignorant people.

Chacon since coming from the NL has an era of 1.42, k/9 of around 6, and a whip of 1.21. His starts were against Cleveland, Angels, and Sox. Each game he k'd 4, so there goes the conspiracy that Sox did worse against Chacon than others.

Small has an era of 3.15 and a whip of 1.30.  He has only given up 3 er in 2 starts, 1 against the Rangers and the other against the Twins.

Its not like these guys have been rocked, they have been good. Generally the first time a hitter sees a pitcher it is in the pitcher's advantage. These 2 guys have not pitched against many Sox hitters.

Seems like nothing more than the pitchers beating the hitters, which is what everyone always says. Good pitching > good hitting.

SB

A-f***ING-MEN

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 11:55 AM)
God damn, now I know why I hate game threads.  This is a f***ing crybaby fest in here. :crying OH WE SUCK, BENCH EVERYONE!!!!  Jesus Christ people do you enjoy this at all?  God if I freaked out this bad over every stinking pitch, I would never watch any baseball... Go do something that makes you HAPPY.

take an Ambien. In fact, take the whole bottle.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 12:54 PM)
I hate ignorant people.

Small has an era of 3.15 and a whip of 1.30.  He has only given up 3 er in 2 starts, 1 against the Rangers and the other against the Twins.

SB

Great f***in post. :notworthy :notworthy

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 01:55 PM)
God damn, now I know why I hate game threads.  This is a f***ing crybaby fest in here. :crying OH WE SUCK, BENCH EVERYONE!!!!  Jesus Christ people do you enjoy this at all?  God if I freaked out this bad over every stinking pitch, I would never watch any baseball... Go do something that makes you HAPPY.

If it makes you haaaaa-ppppeeeee... then why are you so... sad. :rolly

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 06:55 PM)

Shush, quit being so positive about everything. Not allowed in here.