GIVE ME HERMANSON!

3 BeWareTheNewSox 5

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 07:15 AM)
Is he.. or was the ump just being tight. I Tivo's the game.. and watched that last half inning at least 5 times.. then I woke Jim up, not saying why, and the first thing he said was "hmm.. looks like Marte is getting squeezed a bit there.."

That's right, I think I remember two separate strike 3's that were called balls during Giambi's at-bat.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 08:00 AM)
I'd take that a step further, and say that I would bet dollars to donuts that no one on this board understands the game of baseball or this team's intracies as well as Ozzie Guillen does.  Its incredible to me to think that people honestly believe that Ozzie wouldn't be trying to win games of this calibur.

I understand enough to know that Bernie was 5 for 6 against Hermy and I was extremely nervous when he came on... :o

But hey.. it worked. :cheers

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 12:57 AM)
Now that you guys have ranted without taking all possibilities into consideration, let me point out to you that Hermanson's back is acting up again and Ozzie was trying to get by without using him.

I would rather have Jenks in there than Damaso any day of the week. Damaso is our worst pitcher out of the bullpen, and is horrible vs. LH hitters. Im sick of the old lefty match up crap. Want to know who lefties cant hit? Bobby Freakin Jenks.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 06:54 AM)
Of course we won last night "in spite" of Ozzie. GMAFB.

Yes we won that game in Spite of Ozzie...

There were about three bullpen arms that was sitting there availiable in the pen that would of been a better option in that situation then Marte, who sucks lately...

You know it's gotten bad when I feel better with Vizcaino on the hill lately then Marte...

The sad thing is I can still remember when he was the best arm we had...

Yeah I think Ozzie should stop using the matchups and should use the pitchers in their defined roles. Politte/Cotts in the eighth and Hermanson in the ninth. I think Ozzie used the bullpen yesterday the way he did cause Hermy was a little sore from his back and Levine said Ozzie didnt want to use Hermanson that much.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 12:16 AM)
Yes we won that game in Spite of Ozzie...

There were about three bullpen arms that was sitting there availiable in the pen that would of been a better option in that situation then Marte, who sucks lately...

You know it's gotten bad when I feel better with Vizcaino on the hill lately then Marte...

The sad thing is I can still remember when he was the best arm we had...

Ok so let's see here. A 2 year old manages us last night. Does he or she do a better job than Ozzie?

Hermy has a bad back. He's not going to pitch for a whole inning. Marte has had experience closing games before, and most importantly in this season and the last. Vizcaino hasn't. Cotts hasn't. You don't put Jenks into a situation like that at Yankee Stadium, it'll crush him mentally if he fails. Politte had already gone an inning. That leaves the ALMIGHTY Jon Adkins.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 09:33 AM)
Ok so let's see here. A 2 year old manages us last night. Does he or she do a better job than Ozzie?

Cotts hasn't. You don't put Jenks into a situation like that at Yankee Stadium, it'll crush him mentally if he fails.

Cotts and Jenks both pitched well the night before. In fact, Jenks was lights out. What does it do to him if he is successful?

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 12:37 AM)
Cotts and Jenks both pitched well the night before.  In fact, Jenks was lights out.  What does it do to him if he is successful?

I'd use Jenks in any other closing situation, but not at Yankee Stadium with the game on the line. Maybe they just wanted to rest those 2 for tonight as well, and give the other relievers some work.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 09:39 AM)
I'd use Jenks in any other closing situation, but not at Yankee Stadium with the game on the line. Maybe they just wanted to rest those 2 for tonight as well, and give the other relievers some work.

could be a possibility. I just would rather have a 99 mph heater float over the plate than a 92 MPH aimed fastball drift over the plate.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 01:13 AM)
could be a possibility.  I just would rather have a 99 mph heater float over the plate than a 92 MPH aimed fastball drift over the plate.

I'll say this about Jenks, yeah he's got great stuff, and yeah he's been throwing strikes, but his main problem down at B-Ham was his control and at some point, it is probably going to hinder him for an outing or 2.

For a millionth time, please STOP playing MANAGER. To all of you Ozzie critics, you guys know NOTHING about strategizing the game. If you think you are better than Ozzie, get the hell out of this forum and go coach some real team instead of VIRTUAL.

Without Ozzie, our beloved White Sox will DEFINITELY not have the best record right now. All of the Sox players believe in Ozzie, and that's why they are playing above their ability, and that's why we are having the best record in the ENTIRE major league.

:gosoxretro:

For a millionth time, please STOP playing MANAGER.  To all of you Ozzie critics, you guys know NOTHING about strategizing the game.  If you think you are better than Ozzie, get the hell out of this forum and go coach some real team instead of VIRTUAL.

Without Ozzie, our beloved White Sox will DEFINITELY not have the best record right now.  All of the Sox players believe in Ozzie, and that's why they are playing above their ability, and that's why we are having the best record in the ENTIRE major league. 

:gosoxretro:

Nicely said.

It is now 11:15 a.m. here in Chicagoland.

I predict your sentiment will be forgotten in less than one hour, when all the arm chair managers get into today's game thread.

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 10:12 AM)
Nicely said.

It is now 11:15 a.m. here in Chicagoland.

I predict your sentiment will be forgotten in less than one hour, when all the arm chair managers get into today's game thread.

Some of us have forgotten it already.