Who are you and what have you done with

YASNY

I give Mariotti credit for looking past his little personal squabbles and seeing the sox for the baseball team they are.

These sox just keep proving even their most ardent critics wrong by playing good solid, fundamental team ball. They just have to keep up the same intensity they've been playing with all year.

QUOTE(beck72 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 06:06 AM)
I give Mariotti credit for looking past his little personal squabbles and seeing the sox for the baseball team they are.

These sox just keep proving even their most ardent critics wrong by playing good solid, fundamental team ball. They just have to keep up the same intensity they've been playing with all year.

I give him credit for nothing. He may change his tune in a week. There's only so many cubs suck stories to write.

QUOTE(shakes @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 08:43 AM)
I give him credit for nothing. He may change his tune in a week. There's only so many cubs suck stories to write.

That's his nature. He's a front runner and deceitful. Not to be trusted. I don't pay much attention to anything he writes. If the Sox go all the way, he'll sing their praises and say he knew it all the time. If they tank, look out for those fangs. Forget about this guy.

He's methods might be shady... but the guy is very talented at what he does - write. I admire his ability sometimes.

and for all of those who say that Mariotti is just a windsock and will turn on us if we tank..... take a look in some of these gamethreads. I think over half the posts in last nights game thread were about how were gonna tank. Im not saying ALLLLLL of you.... but some of you definitely...... Pot.Kettle.Black.

QUOTE(shakes @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 07:43 AM)

Actually...I think you'd be surprised about how many more of those can be and will be written before even this season is over.

That's a team that on paper at the start of the year was good enough to challenge for the NL crown, and that was before Derek Lee started to run wild. You give Bobby Cox that exact team, with the exact same injuries, and I'll guarantee you he makes the world series.

You just know he's got a little notepad with cutesy derogatory nicknames scribbled in crayon, just waiting for the Sox to lose.

He's a typical "sports opinion" columnist who plays both sides of the fence, trying to appear to be "right". If he had called himself "right" any more often on his thankfully-extinct radio show, his headphones would've popped off his expanding dome. An assbag is what he is.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 11:42 AM)
This is a Mariotti trick IMO.  He builds people up then when they fail he slams them.  I believe he did this last year right before the Twins kicked the s*** out of the Sox, then after he ripped Manuel to shreds after building him up

That Jay Mariotti is an idiot. He didn't even know Ozzie Guillen was our manager last year. :P

I know I am in the minority in liking Mariotti. One thing I like is when he does like something, or think it's good, they are almost unimpeachable. I enjoy the skepticism. He's getting convinced just like the rest of us. Read the Skeptics thread, Jay's more positive than a lot of members that post here.

you know what hes doing. He see's the Sox have a good chance of making the playoffs and going to and a chance of winning the world series. So he dosent wanna be the guy who when the sox win their historic championship was writing nothing but negative articles on them.

i still think he is a boner.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 09:12 AM)
you know what hes doing.  He see's the Sox have a good chance of making the playoffs and going to and a chance of winning the world series.  So he dosent wanna be the guy who when the sox win their historic championship was writing nothing but negative articles on them.

i still think he is a boner.

Rock solid assessment, imo.