Geoff Blum

KevHead0881

Not only did Hawk and DJ fail to realize that it was Geoff Blum playing first in the 9th inning last night, apparently the good folks over at the NYTimes didn't notice this either:

New York Times - Yankees Blinded by Flashy Contreras

Hermanson would need only one pitch for the save. Williams swung at it and sent a screamer down the first-base line. Konerko was guarding the line and snared it for the final out.

Geoff Blum = :ph34r:

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 03:22 PM)
You have to wonder how Blum feels about this... Here he is one of the biggest heros of the game and no one notices... On the radio post game show they said Konerko like 3 times... Can't be good for his confidence...

He's a utility infielder. I'm sure he's used to it.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 10:22 AM)
You have to wonder how Blum feels about this... Here he is one of the biggest heros of the game and no one notices... On the radio post game show they said Konerko like 3 times... Can't be good for his confidence...

If our team was worried about the media, we would not be 73-39.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 10:22 AM)

I'm pretty sure...

-Blum does not give a s***

-His teammates were happy with him - all that matters

-I will personally guarantee you George f***ing Bush could say it was PK and it would not change Blum's confidence

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 10:21 AM)
Not only did Hawk and DJ fail to realize that it was Geoff Blum playing first in the 9th inning last night, apparently the good folks over at the NYTimes didn't notice this either:

New York Times - Yankees Blinded by Flashy Contreras

Geoff Blum =  :ph34r:

Nobody realized it. Brian Dolgin said the samething in the postgame show. Everyone just expects PK to be at first base.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 10:33 AM)
Blum kinda blends in.  He isnt real distinctive looking and sorta just fills space.

I think we have Blum's new nickname: The Chameleon. His entrance music can be that chama-chama-chama-chama-chama-chameleon song.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 03:43 PM)
I think we have Blum's new nickname:  The Chameleon.  His entrance music can be that chama-chama-chama-chama-chama-chameleon song.

I like it!!! The name, not the song. Send it into Hawk and DJ today.

"I loooove email."

QUOTE(3E8 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 10:43 AM)
I think we have Blum's new nickname:  The Chameleon.  His entrance music can be that chama-chama-chama-chama-chama-chameleon song.

I like it. Leonard Zelig is the origional chameleon. :ph34r:

And I think you mean Karma Chameleon.