Star-Making Series?

SnB

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 10:16 PM)
OMG, they just said Row made a case for a GG during the Yankee series on SportsCenter, this is major slurpage comming out of Bristol.

It is funny how it takes a series in Yankee Stadium to establish what many of us have been saying all year. Aaron Rowand is one of the best defensive CFs in all of baseball, welcome to the bandwagon YES network.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 09:17 PM)
It is funny how it takes a series in Yankee Stadium to establish what many of us have been saying all year.  Aaron Rowand is one of the best defensive CFs in all of baseball, welcome to the bandwagon YES network.

I know right, it's so sad that the national media parks in NY, especially when the teams there aren't as good as the opposition this year. Arow was amazing, but we've all known this, though he improves all the time, he even made 'web gems' his rookie year to earn his 'balls to walls/old school' rep. Also, the game saving catch in San Diego still makes me tingle

From a Yankee board:

Rowand is the answer to our centerfield! We should try to get him. He is much better than Williams or Crosby! Anyone agree or disagree?

Yankees have to get him somehow. Either next year or the year after. The Yankees should offer him more money than the White Sox are. He can win us a world series.

Yes, but we do have the biggest payroll in the MLB. He should be our main priority! Williams probably won't be on the Yankees next year.

Some other guy:

Here is what the Yankee pitchers must do in the next series against the White Sox, drill Rowand, and get him out of the game. His glove his killing us.

Take him out. Due to him what Pedro did to Soriano and Jeter that one game, which is take him out of the game.

-This guy was ripped on bad for suggesting the Yankees hit Rowland (as they call him)

Another guy:

This Rowand guy is putting on a show these past 3 games.

He does highlight what a CF'er with good speed, and more so - excellent anticipation - will do for an outfield.

Anybody know his status?

Is he tied up w/the WS for any length of time?

If not, I can only guess that George has been speed dialing Brian and demanding he start working on making a deal with him.

This one is my favorite, appearantly when a 1st place team like the White Sox has a very good player like Rowand playing a key position very well for them they immediatly look to trade him to the Yankees because they need a CFer.

He's locked up through '07, he's not goin' anywhere. :D

If they had anything left in their farm system I'd actually want...

He's probably tied up beyond 07 too...that's just his first contract, JR/KW will work something for a few years beyond that to avoid the arbitration, they usually do for a guy we want to keep.

Edited by Balta1701