Yankees Series MVP

ceffa2000

Who is your pick for the Yankees series MVP?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for the Yankees series MVP?

• Aaron Rowand
    • Paul Konerko
    • Jose Contreras
    • El Duque
    • Tadahito Iguchi
    • Freddy Garcia
    • Juan Uribe

QUOTE(rangercal @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 03:17 PM)
I don't know why we need a poll for  "series mvp"  against the yankees.  It's just another series. Who cares about the yankees.  We should not act like espn and hype up the yankees all the time.  just my 2 cents

True it was just a series but take the name away and the games were still tight exciting games. Understand your feelings just nice wins overall though.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 02:17 PM)
I don't know why we need a poll for  "series mvp"  against the yankees.  It's just another series. Who cares about the yankees.  We should not act like espn and hype up the yankees all the time.  just my 2 cents

I think the fact is that a lot of people were saying that the Sox were going to have to score a lot of runs to beat the likes of the yankees and bosox if we get in the postseason. Our pitching completely shut these guys down and that's without our 2 aces.

QUOTE(ceffa2000 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 03:18 PM)
True it was just a series but take the name away and the games were still tight exciting games.  Understand your feelings just nice wins overall though.

I understand the poll too. It's hard to say it is just another series. I just wish that's the attitude we can have. If the yankees were a first place team we should make a bigger deal out of it.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 03:19 PM)
I think the fact is that a lot of people were saying that the Sox were going to have to score a lot of runs to beat the likes of the yankees and bosox if we get in the postseason.  Our pitching completely shut these guys down and that's without our 2 aces.

The Yankees can be stopped... Tampa bay has embarassed the hell out of them this year. Just gotta hold them down.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 03:19 PM)
I think the fact is that a lot of people were saying that the Sox were going to have to score a lot of runs to beat the likes of the yankees and bosox if we get in the postseason.  Our pitching completely shut these guys down and that's without our 2 aces.

I have all the respect in the world for that yankees offense. With that said, I am very pleased with our back end of the rotation.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 03:21 PM)
I voted Count. He got the team back on track with an absolutely phenomenal outing after a tough loss.

I have to agree with you. That series turned on Jose stepping up and pitching a helluva game.

All of the pitchers were great, but they wouldn't have been as great without the vacuum cleaner running into the walls in CF and sucking up absolutely everything.

If we put another pitcher into the starting lineup, or even threw Adkins out there for a few innings, we might still have won. But you put anyone else in Center field, and I mean anyone, and we would have been swept.