Gunner Palace DVD

soldierz_1

sup guys...Has anyone watched Gunner Palace yet? I just saw it last weekend....it's freakin awesome. It's a documentary about American soldiers in Iraq. I think it was out on theaters a while back. It's a little like the show on FX, Over There. But if you ask me, I think the documentary is way better. Over There is too hollywood lookin. Gunner is the real deal. Anyway, hit me up if anyone wants to chat about it.

what I wrote about it in the films thread

Also saw Gunner Palace a week or so ago. It wasn't the most compelling documentary with relatively low production values. Nonetheless I think it's currently the best portrait of the War in Iraq along with a few tv documentaries of the same subject. The filmmakers don't seem to take any certain political stance on the War as they leave it up to the soldiers to form the opinions expressed by this doc which are I'd say somewhat against American involvement in Iraq. Whether the directors chose soldiers with opinions to match their opinions or not is up for interpretation. Solid and educational doc.

7/10