Skeptics Confession Corner

Texsox

I would like to confess to you, my fellow Sox fans, that I was thinking this team would be like the 1990-91 Blackhawks, lots of wins, but end the season with a loss.

I am a changed man. I just lifted my foot from the pavement and jumped totally on the bandwagon. I am now convinced, if healthy, this team could win it all.

Have any other skeptics, oldtimers like YASNY, become convinced after this series?

:gosox3: 2005

i'm not really an old-timer, but i admit i'm not fully convinced.

the yankees aren't that good, although beating them 2 of 3 at home was quite a feat.

the pitching has me convinced, the hitting doesn't. not because we don't have guys with .330 ba's, or .400 OBP's, but because there are too many regulars that can't get things done via productive outs or walks.

i get more convinced though every game

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 03:18 PM)
This was the series to convince you?

If anything, I left this series questioning the Sox offense more than ever before.

I agree, the Offense scared the s*** outta me in this series. They will have to step it up another notch to go all the way.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 05:23 PM)
at the beginning of the season i said this team was either going to be in first lace or last place, no inbetween.  The experiment has seemed to work

Jim reminded me this morning that at Sox fest I told Kenny in the Q&A that this team "had me excited" and that I felt this was "our year".

I honestly don't remember what I said, other then getting busted for -> :nono

:lolhitting

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 04:34 PM)
Jim reminded me this morning that at Sox fest I told Kenny in the Q&A that this team "had me excited" and that I felt this was "our year".

I honestly don't remember what I said, other then getting busted for ->  :nono

"There'll be no finger wagging this year..." :lol:

Edited by AddisonStSox

I'm pretty much taking the same approach I took with the Illini basketball team last season - I'm just going to enjoy the ride.

I don't want to be overly optimistic about the Sox and I don't want to doubt them. I'm just going to watch and believe a little more with each game. It's a long season and a long playoffs.

When the Illini were winning some people said they were overrated while others said they were going to win it all. Same goes for the Sox. I'm not going to take a view either way. I'm just going to enjoy it and let the chips fall where they may.

Go Sox.

:headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 05:35 PM)
This series was a quiz, this weekends series is the real test.  Like Gene Honda Civic said.

I agree. Tampa Bay kicked the Yanks butts for Pete's sake!! :lol:

If the Sox can handle Boston at home I will be extremely comfortable with our chances of facing off against them later on.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 04:34 PM)

I honestly don't remember what I said, other then getting busted for ->  :nono

I was at soxfest during the Q&A segment. You sounded like you were going to rush the stage and hug him. This after nearly rushing the stage the lynch him the year before.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 05:45 PM)
I was at soxfest during the Q&A segment.  You sounded like you were going to rush the stage and hug him.  This after nearly rushing the stage the lynch him the year before.

Yikes.. I didn't think I was that filled with KDub love. But hey.. so be it.

Woo Hoo!! I called this great year back in February!!! :cheers

This weekends series vs. Boston means precious little, except for a few more games off the schedule. Yes, it will be interesting to see how the White Sox play vs. a very good Boston team but to me that's as far as it goes. So many things can change between now and October and a potential match up.

Among them are injuries, personnel changes, momentum, and more.

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 06:33 PM)
This weekends series vs. Boston means precious little, except for a few more games off the schedule. Yes, it will be interesting to see how the White Sox play vs. a very good Boston team but to me that's as far as it goes.  So many things can change between now and October and a potential match up.

Among them are injuries, personnel changes, momentum, and more.

That's exactly what it should be at this point. I'm sure they're looking at it that way also.

I can't wait to get out there. I am so excited to see this series in person. :headbang

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 11:53 PM)
That's exactly what it should be at this point. I'm sure they're looking at it that way also.

I can't wait to get out there. I am so excited to see this series in person.  :headbang

Steff, bring me back something from Fenway. :D

Dammit, I really wanna see a game there. REALLY. Drove by it a couple of times, but didn't get to go.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 06:58 PM)
Steff, bring me back something from Fenway. :D

Dammit, I really wanna see a game there.  REALLY.  Drove by it a couple of times, but didn't get to go.

No problemo.. what do you want?

This will be my second time there, but the first was an All Star game so I don't really count that as seeing a game there.

I feel just like I did in '83 when we had such awesome pitching. That was a great year and this is too. I still feel that team should've won it all and I feel that this team has everything it takes to win it all. No team is without weaknesses, but when your strengths are pitching and guts (aka, an uncanny ability to win tight games), then you've got a big edge.

Stef, I envy you. Mmm...fenway franks. Have a blast.