My Internship Ended Today

Chisoxfn

Just had to sound off. I got one more year of being a part time worker now. The internship was an awesome experience and I got an offer extended today to join the company as an associate when I graduate.

Anyway I hope others who had internships (I think I remember seeing a few posts earlier in the year) enjoyed theres as much as I enjoyed mine.

And for those few people I saw interested in accounting, if you ever got any questions feel free to drop me a PM (I can semi explain some of the stuff and the different fields you can go into with a CPA and all that good stuff). I also have learned what exactly an auditor at a public accounting firm doesr (thats what I've been doing the past couple months).

:drink

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 02:54 PM)
Thought you were looking into firms in Chicago Jason..?

Ya, this firm was founded in Chicago so I have that option (they have locations throughout the US as well as international officies). I talked to them about it and they basically said if your ever interested in trasnferring there they are more than willing to accomadate for me.

So I think next week I'm gonna take out the real estate section of the paper (I'm assuming theres on in the trib/suntimes) and start looking hard and thinking these next couple months.

Right now I'm split on staying here versus moving away. The two things that kill me is moving away from my friends and family as well as surviving the winter. As long as I could take a train during the winter (and drive as little as possible) I think I could survive :lol:

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 05:53 PM)
Anyway I hope others who had internships (I think I remember seeing a few posts earlier in the year) enjoyed theres as much as I enjoyed mine. 

Mine ends on Friday and I'm totally bummed. I enjoy working much more than I enjoy school. My company gave me a good amount of independence and the opportunity to actually change the way some operations are done the way I saw fit. Having that kind of responsibility is a nice feeling. Glad yours went well too.

:cheers

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 03:56 PM)
Congrats, just wondering, what year in college are you in?

This will be my final year coming up. Its my 5th year, but I'm doubling in finance and accounting.

By the way, thanks for the kind words everyone :cheers

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 04:53 PM)
Just had to sound off.  I got one more year of being a part time worker now.  The internship was an awesome experience and I got an offer extended today to join the company as an associate when I graduate. 

Wish I was so lucky. But I did find a lesser tier job. Gotta work my way up, I guess.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 02:28 AM)
Oh trust me, if I get out to Chicago...Sox tix on me the first time I'm out there  :D

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 02:32 AM)
:huh:  :unsure:  :o

Who is Steff having fired this time? :lol:

LMAO. Does that include airfare? Oh wait, that's just steff who can pay for all our flights.

:lolhitting

Seriously, glad your internship went well.

Edited by kapkomet

Congrats on the successful internship and the job you've got waiting for ya once you finish college Jason. It's a real good organization you're working for (you can even come and work down here in Melbourne if you want), now you can start rootin for me to get a job now. :P

QUOTE(3E8 @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 12:08 AM)
  I enjoy working much more than I enjoy school.

Man, I would do anything to have college hours again. The daily routine of work becomes such a grind, that it really makes me miss the laid-back schedule that is college.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 03:21 AM)
Why are you not interning with the Sox or the Angels??

BTW, does anyone on here work for the Sox? I was told by my grad school professors that they had students who had awful experiences working/internships with the White Sox.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 12:41 AM)
BTW, does anyone on here work for the Sox?  I was told by my grad school professors that they had students who had awful experiences working/internships with the White Sox.

IIRC one guy who used to post here WSoxShuf, works for the Sox now.