WE FINALLY HAVE A HOME!!!!

southsider2k5

:cheers :cheers :snr :usa :drink :) :) :) :) :cheers :snr :wub:

We got our first offer accepted on a place that we were hoping to buy. It is so exciting to get this part of everything taken care of. Now comes all of the paperwork and financing stuff, but after as big of a mess as finding a house has been, we are relieved. For people who have more interest in the details I am going to put something on my blog, so as not to bore everyone else... :P

hey man, one bit of advice....... regardless of what it says on your Good Faith Estimates, expect $500 of surprises at closing. Set the money aside. If you get lucky and everything goes as planned, then you have bonus money in your pocket. But expediting fees and other miscellaneous fees are quite common.

It's no fun being surprised at closing, trust me. :D

Congrats! Now watch how fast you spend money once you move in. Grip it tight because it will just seem to fly out of your hands magically at times.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 03:50 AM)
Please for God's sake tell me you didn't get an interest only mortgage or something insane like that.

Fixed rate right now.  It's the only sane thing to do with a real estate market the way it is and rates rising for a full year.

oh yea, he's that smart. Those ARM's and the like are about to f*** some people up, and they don't even realize it yet.

Oh, now I MUST find out where you live and egg the f*** out of your house.....BOOK IT!!!! :D

Congrats, Mike!

Reading about your baby and the new house, I'm re-living 6 years ago......(shudder)......it's going to be a life-changing time for you, but it's also going to be exciting and great!

:cheers to Mr & Mrs 2k5!!!!