WE FINALLY HAVE A HOME!!!!

southsider2k5

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 10:50 PM)
Please for God's sake tell me you didn't get an interest only mortgage or something insane like that.

Fixed rate right now.  It's the only sane thing to do with a real estate market the way it is and rates rising for a full year.

Oh God no... Fixed rate all of the way. The Fed has just wacked us for 250 Bps in about 6 months, interest rates are about to go way up. I wouldn't touch an ARM or interest only loan to save my life. The only time to ARM is for a temporary house or for high interest rates.

And thanks for the kind words all!!!

Edited by southsider2k5

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 10:29 AM)
Gotta ask, Mike: how long does it take you to get to work everyday?

Hour and a half on the train, just less than an hour on the rare occasion when I drive. The nice thing is that the place we just bought would have been at least double the cost in most of the decent Chicago burbs.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 03:40 PM)
Hour and a half on the train, just less than an hour on the rare occasion when I drive.  The nice thing is that the place we just bought would have been at least double the cost in most of the decent Chicago burbs.

And that to me is the best part of it all. I'm really happy for you *THREE*... :)

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 09:40 AM)
Hour and a half on the train, just less than an hour on the rare occasion when I drive.  The nice thing is that the place we just bought would have been at least double the cost in most of the decent Chicago burbs.

No, the NICE thing is that you'll still be an hour and a half away by train.....

:P :D