Just back from holidays, what's up with .....

DePloderer

QUOTE(DePloderer @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 05:56 PM)
As I say, I've been away and notice Franks back on the DL, what happened? Will he be back? Is this the end? Will I have to change my sig? Did I miss anything else?

He had another fractured bone in that ankle that was surgically repaired last year, he's probably out for the remainder of this season.

Unfortunatly, he's out for the season and 1 report even stated he's done with is career(Although I doubt this). It seems likely now that we will buy him out for 3.5 million next year(Or else we would have to pay him 10 million). If and when we do buy him out though, he still will be able to sign another contract with us, which I believe will be the case.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 05:59 PM)
Unfortunatly, he's out for the season and 1 report even stated he's done with is career(Although I doubt this). It seems likely now that we will buy him out for 3.5 million next year(Or else we would have to pay him 10 million). If and when we do buy him out though, he still will be able to sign another contract with us, which I believe will be the case.

Problem is...we have until about Dec. 19th to offer him arbitration. If we don't do that (and I believe we won't) then if he's not signed before then, we won't be able to sign him for several months.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 10:17 PM)
Problem is...we have until about Dec. 19th to offer him arbitration.  If we don't do that (and I believe we won't) then if he's not signed before then, we won't be able to sign him for several months.

Unless we can convince Frank to turn down the offer of arbitration, then we can still negotiate with him. With Frank and JRs relationship, this might be a possiblity.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 08:19 PM)
Unless we can convince Frank to turn down the offer of arbitration, then we can still negotiate with him.  With Frank and JRs relationship, this might be a possiblity.

A remote possibility...if the Arbitration deadline comes and Frank doesn't have a new contract a few days beforehand, I'm just going to expect he won't be back, and then I'll cry.