2003 All-Star Starters

Cali

I know it's early, but these are the fans voting we're talking about, the same fans that had almost 7 Mariners starting in 2001, even David Bell, who hitting something like .230, there choices are easy to predict.... But these are who I think will be in it. I'll try to pick the back up's too, just one though, I'm sure they'll have more than, but those won't be as accurate.

AL

1B Jason Giambi Back-up: Mike Sweeney

2B Alfonso Soriano Back-up: Bret Boone

SS Alex Rodriquez Back-up: Nomar Garciaparra

3B Hank Blalock Back-up: Eric Chavez.

C Jorge Posada Back-up: Ramon Hernandez

DH Edgar Martinez

OF Manny Ramirez

OF Torii Hunter

OF Magglio Ordonez

OF Back-ups: Ichiro, Tim Salmon, Rocco Baldelli

NL

1B Todd Helton Back-up: J.T Snow

2B Jeff Kent Back-up: Marcus Giles

SS Edgar Renteria Back-up: Alex Gonzalez(Marlins)

3B Scott Rolen Back-up: Mike Lowell

C Mike Lieberthal Back-up Ivan Rodriguez

OF Barry Bonds

OF Vladimir Guerrero

OF Sammy Sosa

OF Back-ups: Jose Cruz Jr., Gay Sheffield, Shawn Green

Well there's my best guest, why is it the NL Satrters are always chosen better than the AL Starters?

I know it's early, but these are the fans voting we're talking about, the same fans that had almost 7 Mariners starting in 2001, even David Bell, who hitting something like .230, there choices are easy to predict.... But these are who I think will be in it. I'll try to pick the back up's too, just one though, I'm sure they'll have more than, but those won't be as accurate.

AL

1B Jason Giambi  Back-up: Mike Sweeney

2B Alfonso Soriano  Back-up: Bret Boone

DH Edgar Martinez

OF Manny Ramirez

OF Torii Hunter

OF Magglio Ordonez

NL

C  Mike Lieberthal Back-up Ivan Rodriguez

OF Barry Bonds

OF Vladimir Guerrero

OF Sammy Sosa

Well there's my best guest, why is it the NL Satrters are always chosen better than the AL Starters?

unfortunately i dont see maggs getting voted in over ichiro..with the japanese now having two players to vote for..you could very well see matsui and ichiro in the starting outfield...

so far it looks like the sox will get one rep...with jeter not in the running and tejada playing horrible so far..if jose can pick his play up a little bit he could end up being our rep...nomar's numbers are down this year too i believe..but the smart money should be on maggs

nomar aint exactly tearing it up either..6-16 285 and EIGHT errors...this could end up being val's year if he wants it bad enough

I wish managers had control over starting lineups. If the All Star Game matters, fans shouldnt be deciding lineups.

Considering the AL and NL are now playing for homefield advantage in the WS, I think the manager should pick the starting line-ups and back-ups AND they should dump the one representative from every team rule. Not every team has an AllStar.

Considering the AL and NL are now playing for homefield advantage in the WS, I think the manager should pick the starting line-ups and back-ups AND they should dump the one representative from every team rule. Not every team has an AllStar.

I agree. But we have to be careful not to hurt any of the owners' feelings by not taking anyone from their team. Screw 'em. If your team sucks and you don't have any good players, then you stay home!

Are people making sure to stuff the ballot boxes?

I got a reply back from Rob Gallas, who said that the ushers are supposed to be handing out and picking up ballots to the seats. If not email and complain! Let's get as many guys elected as possible!

Like last year with Randy Winn. He wasnt an AS. The DRays didnt deserve one, they shouldnt have gotten one because of some stupid rule.

Like last year with Randy Winn. He wasnt an AS. The DRays didnt deserve one, they shouldnt have gotten one because of some stupid rule.

randy winn's numbers were respectable..he was htting about 310 at the break..had some homers and rbi's..stole bases and played a respectable CF..

now whoever is represented by the tigers is gonna be so far removed from being an all star it would be in their best interest not to even show up

randy winn's numbers were respectable..he was htting about 310 at the break..had some homers and rbi's..stole bases and played a respectable CF..

now whoever is represented by the tigers is gonna be so far removed from being an all star it would be in their best interest not to even show up

Randy Winn was a great player and certainly an All Star, Robert Fick of the Tigers last year was very embarassing.

Don't let the managers choose either. If you get a scenario like this year, where the manager from the World Series team from the prevoius year leaves his team and goes to a team that won't contend, or a case like in 1998 when the Marlins had a fire sale right after they won the Series....the manager may choose starters from his team even though they suck

What I'd say is that the managers vote and they continue fan voting as well....but the manager's vote counts as 50% and the fan's vote counts as 50%.

I'd also get rid of the every team has an All-Star. Mike Maroth is probably the Tigers all-star right now...and he's 0-7. Who else are you gonna send....Bobby Higginson? Dmitri Young? Hiram Bocachica? Hell no....get rid of that rule as well. The NFL does it best.

I'd say Rocco Baldelli would be a sure starter if he continues half of what hes doing right now. Fans gotta love his name, and that will earn him a lot more recognition than someone like Garrett Anderson (whos tearing up pitching) or Maggs.

Yeah and f*** the Tennessee Titans too! (In reference to the lack of all stars among other things)

That was pretty funny.

The Texans had two All-Pros and the Titans had none. LOL....serves those assholes right for the Music City Miracle. I have hated the Titans ever since that day, and will always feel that the refs cheated the Bills out of the game....even with what replay shows.

AL

DH Edgar Martinez

OF Manny Ramirez

OF Torii Hunter

OF Magglio Ordonez

NL

OF Barry Bonds

OF Vladimir Guerrero

OF Sammy Sosa

Jason Giambi batting .195. If he gets voted to start, this is why the voting has to be taken away from the fans, ESPECIALLY with the new winner-take-homefield look to it.

AL

DH Edgar Martinez

OF Manny Ramirez

OF Torii Hunter

OF Magglio Ordonez

NL

OF Barry Bonds

OF Vladimir Guerrero

OF Sammy Sosa

Jason Giambi batting .195. If he gets voted to start, this is why the voting has to be taken away from the fans, ESPECIALLY with the new winner-take-homefield look to it.

I know. Same thing in 2001, when the Mariner fans tried to get David Bell starting at third, while batting something like .230. Giambi will be starting though, unless he gets injured before July 15th.

Whys anybody even concerned about World Series home field advantage? Until JM is fired, theres no way the Sox will be doing anything but golfing in October. Harsh but true...

I'm not looking at it from a Sox perspective. I'm looking at it from a baseball perspective.

I'm not looking at it from a Sox perspective. I'm looking at it from a baseball perspective.

OK, but this has no effect on the Sox since we wont be there. I just cant imagine the Sox in the Series. There are just things I cant picture in my head, and us winning, much less being, in the WS is one of those things...

I know it's early, but these are the fans voting we're talking about, the same fans that had almost 7 Mariners starting in 2001, even David Bell, who hitting something like .230, there choices are easy to predict.... But these are who I think will be in it.

Any fans who f up the voting like that can eat s***.

Thank you.

:)

OK, but this has no effect on the Sox since we wont be there. I just cant imagine the Sox in the Series. There are just things I cant picture in my head, and us winning, much less being, in the WS is one of those things...

Like i said, a baseball perspective not a Sox perspective...i didn't know baseball fans on this board could only relate things to the White Sox

Roman....do you need a flyer reminding you that the season is 6 months long and not 1 1/2 months long?

A lot of s*** can happen. I'm not saying the White Sox will go to the World Series....but it is definately a possibility. The way the AL Central is playing right now....it wouldn't surprise me if a below .500 team made it to the postseason. And a team such as ours....with a strong 1-2 punch and a good offense....could make some noise, and get to the World Series with a few breaks here and there.

Also Roman....I looked up the 1983 season for the Sox, after RPS made a statement somewhere talking about how that team had no speed(aside from Rudy Law) and started out s***ty...and how they really turned it on after the break....that team was 38-35 in the first half of the year...and won 99 games. They just couldn't catch a break. I remember baggs telling a story on here about how Rudy Law started towards second on a ball that went to the backstop....the Orioles put in two extra rows of seats for the postseason to draw a few more fans....and it was a perfect ricochet to the catcher, and he threw Law out by like a step. If those steps aren't there...and they shouldn't be....Law is on second, and the Sox score a run or two...maybe take the game, get a little momentum...and are on their way to the Series.