Kansas City Magic Number Watch

Texsox

QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 08:05 AM)

I thought it would be fun to count down each AL Central foe as they drop from the race. KC should be the first do go, and by the end of the month. Maybe sooner.

Wow! You like to rub it in, don't ya?

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 03:51 PM)
Honestly, I don't think we should be rubbing it in. CLE has an extremely easy schedule down the stretch. They could catch us. Honestly, would you like other teams doing that to us if we were down and out? I don't think so.

y should we care about others

QUOTE(knightni @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 01:28 AM)
Yes, 10 more losses or Sox wins and they are officially done when it comes to winning the division this year.

What about the Indians. Karma's a b****. If we were to pull a choke job, I'd like to see what all these posters say then who are making these threads. It's not over til it's over.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 02:38 AM)
What about the Indians. Karma's a b****. If we were to pull a choke job, I'd like to see what all these posters say then who are making these threads. It's not over til it's over.

:sleep

You can say the same for the Twins catching us, it's only a 2 game difference between the two :o. I'm not worried. We've still got a nice double digit lead in the division (12, 14, 18.5, 36.5) not to mention the biggest divisional lead in baseball.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 09:09 PM)
Yeah keep talking about them. Pretty soon you'll stop worrying about other teams are start worrying about Boston passing us up in 1st place for the AL.

nite? ahhhh we're the fans, not the players. I think we can have fun and let the team worry. I'm pretty certain that none of us will have to grab a glove and play left.

But, I will bite. How exactly are you worrying about Boston? Are you working the worry beads? Reading all the Boston papers? Lighting candles? I just don't know how to worry about Boston in a constructive manner.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 02:38 AM)

And when we do win will go away and stop screaming that the sky is falling? I swear lately you are on a one man mission to piss on everything to do with the White Sox...

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 09:10 AM)
And when we do win will go away and stop screaming that the sky is falling?  I swear lately you are on a one man mission to piss on everything to do with the White Sox...

shhhh, he's busy worrying and being a real fan

QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 07:58 AM)
nite? ahhhh we're the fans, not the players. I think we can have fun and let the team worry. I'm pretty certain that none of us will have to grab a glove and play left.

But, I will bite. How exactly are you worrying about Boston? Are you working the worry beads? Reading all the Boston papers? Lighting candles? I just don't know how to worry about Boston in a constructive manner.

I thank you Tex. I had just about the same thing all typed out and pretty looking when my DSL went down for the night.

Why should I worry about Clevelan or Boston? I'm not on the Sox, I don't have any affect on the team what so ever so if I'm all hot and bothered about the Indians catching the Sox what's that gonna do? It's going to make me miserable for no particular reason, it's not going to make the player play harder or the team win.

Let the players worry about all that, I'll watch the games and enjoy their success.

Tell me about it. Here at the University of Missouri I'm waiting for someone to be from KC and I'll ask if they are a Royals fan. If they say yes I'm going to say I'm sorry. Not that surprising, none have come out of the woodwork yet.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 02:56 PM)
OMG, I just looked  at the standings. A 17 GAME losing streak??? I almost feel bad for their remaining fans.

Magic Number 9

18 game losing streak now. :huh:

That's got to suck.