Saturday Night's game

YASNY

Was anyone at Saturday night's game? When Koch came in the game, someone pulled a long foul down the left field line off of him, then he gave up the 2 run homer. Hawk and DJ never said a word about what the radar gun was shoing while Koch was pitching. Yet, when Marte came in and struck out the side in the 9th, they were talking about Marte bringing it in there at 97 mph. I'm curious as to what kind of readings Koch was getting in the 8th. They sure didn't have any problems getting around on his pitches.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he went on the DL soon. It's no secret that he's not 100%.

That's obvious. Still, I wonder what the gun readings were on him Saturday night. Hawk and DJ's silence on that matter spoke volumns to me.

Was anyone at Saturday night's game? When Koch came in the game, someone pulled a long foul down the left field line off of him, then he gave up the 2 run homer. Hawk and DJ never said a word about what the radar gun was shoing while Koch was pitching. Yet, when Marte came in and struck out the side in the 9th, they were talking about Marte bringing it in there at 97 mph.  I'm curious as to what kind of readings Koch was getting in the 8th. They sure didn't have any problems getting around on his pitches.

i remember that too...billy was bringing about 93-95 that night..marte 95 -97...you could tell marte had a lot more life on his fastball too...marte is the best kept secret in baseball...if he got on the right team and was just left to close games out it wouldnt surprise me to see billy wagner type numbers...hopefully with big brother being removed from manuel's shoulder he will let marte close...i felt for awhile now that marte has always been manuel's guy anyways

i remember that too...billy was bringing about 93-95 that night..marte 95 -97...you could tell marte had a lot more life on his fastball too...marte is the best kept secret in baseball...if he got on the right team and was just left to close games out it wouldnt surprise me to see billy wagner type numbers...hopefully with big brother being removed from manuel's shoulder he will let marte close...i felt for awhile now that marte has always been manuel's guy anyways

Thank you baggio... that's what I wanted to know. If BK is throwing 93-95, and has no movement... He's meat.

Why don't they just make Marte the closer anyway? I know they paid Koch to be the closer, but a win's a win, right?

Because KW acquired Botch to close..... and Marte to be the set-up man. Not a big surprise when you read what HSC said about KW telling JM what to do via cell phone.

if he got on the right team and was just left to close games out it wouldnt surprise me to see billy wagner type numbers...hopefully with big brother being removed from manuel's shoulder he will let marte close...i felt for awhile now that marte has always been manuel's guy anyways

Me and you talked about this very same thing a few months back Baggs..... about how Marte should be the Sox everyday closer after last season's Foulke fiasco. But JM..... er, KW?????..... saw fit to closer-by-committee. With Ring in the minors and Marte available to close games this year, KW saw fit to pretty much trade Foulke for Botch, THEN, sign him to a $10,000,000 contract before he serves up meatball #1. With Marte and Ring in the wings, signing Botch to a big, multi-year contract was one of the dumbest things this team could have done and I, along with Baggs and HSC if I remember correctly, didn't like this deal from Day 1. Like it was with Todd Ritchie, I've been vindicated.

Does anyone know why the Pirates were going to waive Marte?

they had 2 other lefties with major league experience in the pen already and didnt want to carry three...plus there were some concerns about marte's health because of some problems he had in winter ball which turned out to be not true

Me and you talked about this very same thing a few months back Baggs..... about how Marte should be the Sox everyday closer after last season's Foulke fiasco. But JM..... er, KW?????..... saw fit to closer-by-committee. With Ring in the minors and Marte available to close games this year, KW saw fit to pretty much trade Foulke for Botch, THEN, sign him to a $10,000,000 contract before he serves up meatball #1. With Marte and Ring in the wings, signing Botch to a big, multi-year contract was one of the dumbest things this team could have done and I, along with Baggs and HSC if I remember correctly, didn't like this deal from Day 1. Like it was with Todd Ritchie, I've been vindicated.

why doesnt KW listen to us??? :headbang :lol: