How many games will the Sox win?

Greg Hibbard

How many games?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. How many games?

• 98 or less
    • 107 or more

Take off your "we haven't won anything yet" hats for a second and play along...how many games do you think the Sox win?

I figure the worst the Sox can go for the last 49 is .500. Really, I don't think much worse is possible. We are playing Minnesota (10-18 since break), Detroit (11-16 since break) and KC (8-18 since break, lost last 12 in a row) a total of 24 times (half our games!) and those teams have pretty much given up on the season. Granted we still have a few tough series in a row here (although I don't really consider the punchless Twins a "tough" series anymore).

Yes, I'm aware that Detroit and Kansas City both beat us the last time we faced them, but did you really expect the Sox to go 19-0 against the Royals and 18-1 against the Tigers? We were bound to lose at least one series. I don't think it'll happen again.

I think we win 101 games, maybe even more. What about you?

Something tells me we actually won't even win 100...simply because I think we're really going to coast and rest a few people up for the last couple weeks of the season.

Right now, there's no other team in the AL on pace to win more than 95. If we get past 97, we should have home field throughout, barring the A's continuing on a 45-15 pace or whatever they've been on lately.

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 01:30 PM)
97ish, I say.

In 03 I predicted 87-75, I thought that would be good enough to win th central or wild card. This year I predicted 98-64 this would be good enough for the best record in mlb. I am in hopes that in September we can evaluate a few of our minor leaguers which will keep our playoff roster healthy come playoff time. winning more and upsetting my prediction wouldn't upset me. :cheers