Sox sign Jim Bullinger

Heads22

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 03:24 PM)
Bullinger is 40 years old and hasn't played in the big leagues since '98. I doubt this is a move to try and help the big league club.

Which makes signing him that much more confusing.

My buddy who is a serious Cub fan was at a Cub game one time when Bullinger was getting lit up. He was screaming at him, telling him how much he sucked and so forth. Well, Bullinger finally gets yanked and the people in the row behind him stand up and start clapping saying we love you, Jim. It turns out he was sitting right in front of his family.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 03:07 PM)
My buddy who is a serious Cub fan was at a Cub game one time when Bullinger was getting lit up. He was screaming at him, telling him how much he sucked and so forth. Well, Bullinger finally gets yanked and the people in the row behind him stand up and start clapping saying we love you, Jim. It turns out he was sitting right in front of his family.

Great baseball story. :lol: That must be a barstool staple.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 02:47 PM)
He's in the rotation of the Sox on Ken Griffey Jr presents major league baseball so he was obviously on the Sox before...

I'm just amazed he's still around...

Another guy I wonder about is Frank Castillo... I used to like him... anyone know where he is lately?

Castillo's with Florida

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 03:43 PM)
More like the Knights are short a starter since Adkins was promoted. That's one reason Bull is starting tonight.

Dear God, it's just an organizational move! Where was this uproar when we signed Bobby Jones?

This is an uproar? :huh: