In Boston

WSox30

I'm just a little anxious for this red sox series as I am in Boston and attending friday and saturday night. I would just like to see everyones thoughts on this series. I personally love how we have our top two pitchers going the first two days to get things started. also on a side note, I was eating outside and DJ walked by and I yelled hey DJ and he kindly gave me a big smile and wave so if you read this DJ thanks for being kind.

QUOTE(That funky motion @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 06:25 PM)
Great,now get home your mom is worried! :bang

Last time we faced Boston...it was a big series. The division was closer, and it was our first time against the big boys in the East.

This time...it's still a big series...because we're in the hardest stretch we have this year. And this is a chance to really send a message.

Right now, if the Yankees drew us in the 1st round of the playoffs, how do you think they'd react? "Oh god, that guy's going to be in Center Field again". 1 series, and we're in some of their heads.

We can get in Boston's head this time.

We need to get the bats going again. That's for darn sure. David Wells throws a lot of strikes...so hopefully we won't be swinging at too much out of the strike zone, and that could help.

But as usual...the real key is the pitching. And you know what? I'll take Mark and Jon up against any other 2 pitchers in the league. This is their series now. Jon shut down Boston last time, Mark didn't. Mark's due for another good game too.

It seems in the past we've done better at NY and BOS compared to when they come to the CHI. Should be interesting, it's cool when the players get recognition as Rowand did in NY, but all these games mean more to NY, Minny, and BOS standings wise than they do to us, more of a tuneup for us, so I don't think our team should have pressure and that should end up helping us.

The main things for me to look out for will be the offense. I have been one to excuse them by saying we've run into good pitching when they don't do well, but the playoffs means your facing a staff's best pitchers and you're going to run into good pitching. I won't mind if we have a SP disaster since we know our SP is consistent/dominant enough for the long run and that bad starts will come no matter who you are every once in a while.

Should be fun, but we will be going through a stretch of stupid and annoying fans this week! Which idiot is going to jump off the Monster and bet that Manny can hold him?

The Indians keep on winning, so it's important for the Sox to do their part and keep that double digit lead.

Should be an excellent series. Schilling's been very good as the closer in the past week or 2, really settled down in the role. With Mark, Jon and El Duque due up though, I like our chances of getting 2 out of 3.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 11:10 PM)
The Indians keep on winning, so it's important for the Sox to do their part and keep that double digit lead.

Should be an excellent series. Schilling's been very good as the closer in the past week or 2, really settled down in the role. With Mark, Jon and El Duque due up though, I like our chances of getting 2 out of 3.

The 4 game sweep at the Jake is looking much more important now that it did at the time.

QUOTE(WSox30 @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 01:21 AM)
I'm just a little anxious for this red sox series as I am in Boston and attending friday and saturday night.  I would just like to see everyones thoughts on this series.  I personally love how we have our top two pitchers going the first two days to get things started.  also on a side note, I was eating outside and DJ walked by and I yelled hey DJ and he kindly gave me a big smile and wave so if you read this DJ thanks for being kind.

Sorry you're in Boston - I recommend getting out of there as soon as you can. (Enjoy the games though).

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 01:45 AM)
Last time we faced Boston...it was a big series.  The division was closer, and it was our first time against the big boys in the East.

This time...it's still a big series...because we're in the hardest stretch we have this year.  And this is a chance to really send a message.

Right now, if the Yankees drew us in the 1st round of the playoffs, how do you think they'd react?  "Oh god, that guy's going to be in Center Field again".  1 series, and we're in some of their heads.

We can get in Boston's head this time.

We need to get the bats going again.  That's for darn sure.  David Wells throws a lot of strikes...so hopefully we won't be swinging at too much out of the strike zone, and that could help.

But as usual...the real key is the pitching.  And you know what?  I'll take Mark and Jon up against any other 2 pitchers in the league.  This is their series now.  Jon shut down Boston last time, Mark didn't.  Mark's due for another good game too.

I agree this is a big series and it's the fact that Jon and Mark are going for us that makes it so. Those two have to have big games as does the BP, if that happens then it doesn't matter if we go 1-2, 2-1, or 3-0.