White Sox vs Red Sox - 8/12/05

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 09:46 PM)
Not sure how accurate this is, but J. Hood said on the score before that the White Sox have listed their stating pitcher as TBA for Sunday's game.  Has anyone heard something about this?

:huh

I haven't heard anything

Well, I hope Buehrle and Wells didn't go out drinking. Mark may have a huge headache for this game.

Mark Buehrle said he is looking forward to his matchup against former teammate David Wells when the Sox open a three-game series Friday against the Boston Red Sox at Fenway Park.

''It definitely will be fun to go out there,'' Buehrle said. ''I might have to write a couple of messages on the mound or something, play with him.''

Wells always has been a big Buehrle supporter, starting in their season together on the Sox in 2001. Buehrle said he would sit with Wells and relate to his baseball stories, but he wasn't in Wells' league when it came to the night life.

Buehrle said he doesn't figure to go out on the town with Wells this weekend.

''I'd probably be hurting the next day,'' Buehrle said. ''If he wanted to meet up and go out for a drink, that would be no big deal, but he's probably going to try and get me to go out.''

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosoxretro: :gosox3: :gosox4:

QUOTE(Al Lopez's Ghost @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 08:35 AM)
With Wells pitching tonight, who thinks Everett starts in left field?

According to the Trib, Pods's shoulder is hurting him some after being plunked by Embree, so I wouldn't be surprised if he sat today. Probably was part of those 3 k's on Wednesday.