White Sox vs Red Sox - 8/12/05

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 12:31 AM)
I went to Fenway a couple of years ago and they HATE Everett there, worse than Corky is hated at USCF. I also have no idea why I quoted what I quoted to type that in.

Oh yeah, they hate Everett. There's a few reasons why......and I honestly believe race is a reason. I don't want to start anything on here about it, but what Barry Bonds said a few years ago was right.

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 06:32 PM)
I've heard nothing recently that suggests Crede's back has gotten worse.  We're not the freaking Cubs....just cause a player is doing bad, it's not entirely cause he's injured!

Exactly. I haven't heard how bad backs don't allow you to judge pop ups.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 07:33 PM)
Oh yeah, they hate Everett.  There's a few reasons why......and I honestly believe race is a reason.  I don't want to start anything on here about it, but what Barry Bonds said a few years ago was right.

A broken clock is right twice a day.....

Everything Barry says comes back to race with him.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 05:33 PM)
You think Carl's heard the Griffey rumors as well?  :rolly

I think he's just batting RH, and he's shredded pitchers when he bats RH this year. He's hitting .315 against lefties, .237 against righties this year.

As we were talking about Dye before, he's gone back to not being very flexible at the plate. He seems to not be flexible at the plate right now, and isn't able to adjust to pitches that aren't on the inner half. When he was going well, he was able to adjust his whole body to drive the ball the opposite way.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 07:38 PM)
Their old owner who Hawk always mentions, Yawkey, was a huge racist. The Red Sox were the last team in baseball to have a black player.

but didn't they just love Big Mo Vaughn there?

Edited by SouthsideNorthsideFan