White Sox vs Red Sox - 8/12/05

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 07:52 PM)
f***.  9-5.  This is what is gonna happen if Jenks can't develop a changeup.

Bobby doesn't need a change. He's got all the stuff he needs, as good as Bobby can and will be he is going to go through some growing pains this year and that's perfectly fine.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 08:53 PM)
Bobby doesn't need a change.  He's got all the stuff he needs, as good as Bobby can and will be he is going to go through some growing pains this year and that's perfectly fine.

yes but good hitters will be able to sit on the fastball. Good hitters have an easier time hitting a 98 MPH fastball than a 88 MPH fastball. That's why Buehrle has had such success.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 01:53 AM)
Bobby doesn't need a change.  He's got all the stuff he needs, as good as Bobby can and will be he is going to go through some growing pains this year and that's perfectly fine.

If Jenks doesn't have his good fastball, he's going to have to pitch his way over it. He's still young and inexperienced, so I'm not too worried. It's our manager that really puzzles me!

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 01:54 AM)
In other bad news, Rex Grossman supposedly broke his ankle in 2 places and will require surgery.

Season's over. Hopefully we won't sign Benson, and leave his ass on the streets. I hated the pick when we made it, and hate it more now.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 07:54 PM)
yes but good hitters will be able to sit on the fastball.  Good hitters have an easier time hitting a 98 MPH fastball than a 88 MPH fastball.  That's why Buehrle has had such success.

Jenks has an absolutely nasty curveball, trust me he doesn't need to add a change.