White Sox vs Red Sox - 8/12/05

Its a shame he couldn't leave Cotts in to face Renteria. RH hitters hit .112 against Cotts and .300 against Jenks. Ozzie makes this foolish move and its called a gut move, he doesn't play by the book. If Manuel was managing and made that move, Hawk would be b****ing about it until the cows or Wimpy came home.

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 08:56 PM)
Jenks has an absolutely nasty curveball, trust me he doesn't need to add a change.

yeah, he should probably learn how to control his 2 pitches first before he decides to learn enitrely new pitches.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 01:58 AM)
Its a pretty tough situation to put Jenks in. He is a rookie, expect some mistakes.

I don't think many of us are mad at Jenks. Seriously, what more does Cotts have to do to have a longer leash with Ozzie?

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 07:57 PM)
This game blowed.  There is no doubt in my mind we should have put these Red Sox away.  BAD PITCHING AND HOrrendous managing.  I hope Ozzie doesnt do s*** like this in the playoffs but he will.

Gimme a f***ing break. Horrendous pitching and bad fielding. Ozzie did nothing wrong. I wouldn't of had Buehrle starting the 7th, but oh well. Ortiz killed Jenks fastball and that's what you get for walking Renteria.

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 01:59 AM)
I heard he has a changeup as well, either Farmio or AJ said it, but they said he doesn't need it as much (in their opinions)

Screw a changeup, etc. Jenks has to be able to maintain his fastball from one game to the next. A 3 or 4 mph drop-off is pretty significant.

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 07:59 PM)
I heard he has a changeup as well, either Farmio or AJ said it, but they said he doesn't need it as much (in their opinions)

He does have a change but it sounds like he rarely used it in bham and just really doesn't need it much

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 01:59 AM)
Gimme a f***ing break. Horrendous pitching and bad fielding. Ozzie did nothing wrong. I wouldn't of had Buehrle starting the 7th, but oh well. Ortiz killed Jenks fastball and that's what you get for walking Renteria.

Would you have pulled Cotts?

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 08:59 PM)

Yep.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 08:00 PM)
Screw a changeup, etc.  Jenks has to be able to maintain his fastball from one game to the next.  A 3 or 4 mph drop-off is pretty significant.

I'm not looking too much into that. The TV gun is wrong sometimes, registering a few MPH slow.