White Sox vs Red Sox - 8/12/05

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 08:06 PM)
Swing the f***ing bat! Good job Ozzie....I can't believe how anyone could defend him tonight.

Yeah, I'm pissed at Ozzie for blowing a 4-0 lead and all those walks he gave up, don't get me started on those.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 02:07 AM)
Yeah, I'm pissed at Ozzie for blowing a 4-0 lead and all those walks he gave up, don't get me started on those.

This was the type of game that should have been a battle of the bullpens after the 6th inning. I don't know of any other manager who would have pulled Cotts in that situation. .112 is unheard of!

QUOTE(SouthsideNorthsideFan @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 09:07 PM)
Grossman, gone for the season...

give it to Orton. Not Hutchinson. Orton will be a stud trust me. This could be another Tom Brady situation. Remember in 2001 when Beldsoe went down and Brady was the backup and he led the Patriots to a superbowl.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 08:09 PM)
give it to Orton.  Not Hutchinson.  Orton will be a stud trust me.  This could be another Tom Brady situation.  Remember in 2001 when Beldsoe went down and Brady was the backup and he led the Patriots to a superbowl.

Orton hasn't played against anyone above 3rd string. Plus I just heard 4-6 weeks. Not out for season. He'll miss one or two regular season games.

I was going to say this no matter the outcome, even if we won 8-0, Hawk, please STFU with the offensive comparisons, I don't give a s*** about the stats, I still get irregular bowel movements everytime our pitchers go through that top 6.

Horribly managed game at the game. I don't mind leaving Buehrle in, since he is your ace and he gives you innings and Dustin isn't 100%, but then to waste Cotts like that? Then pinch hitting for Juan after his confidence is probably sky high after having a good game and owning Rivera on Wed? All that made those 2 HRs even worse, but it's nice to know for the future that we can score on Schilling, I suppose

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 02:10 AM)
who cares.  They aren't gonna win teh division.

Then don't worry about it. I'm not saying they'll win the division....but I sure would like to see them lose. They're playing with so much confidence, and are making a habit out of coming back from huge deficits.