White Sox vs Red Sox - 8/12/05

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Side note, White Sox pitching did not make David Ortiz move his feet once. He was totally and completely comfortable up there and it showed.

What does it take for Sox pitchers to move him off the plate? Getting awfully tired of this guy digging in all the time. Back his ass off.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 02:13 AM)
Does this mean the Jenks for closer bandwagon has derailed?  LMFAO. People make me laugh.

Do you want Jenks as the closer? Personally, I don't want him close to closing games this season (unless we clinch with a few weeks left in the season). Part of being a closer is being able to pitch every night when called upon. I'm not sold on Jenks being able to bounce back quickly.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 09:13 PM)
Does this mean the Jenks for closer bandwagon has derailed?  LMFAO. People make me laugh.

He will be a closer sometime baring any injuries I hope. Maybe not this year but he will cause he's got amazing stuff and would dominate as a closer. I hope this game helps him learn from his mistakes to help his future.

Edited by Ozzie Montana

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 09:15 PM)
Do you want Jenks as the closer?  Personally, I don't want him close to closing games this season (unless we clinch with a few weeks left in the season).  Part of being a closer is being able to pitch every night when called upon.  I'm not sold on Jenks being able to bounce back quickly.

That's my point. Everyone has all but annointed Jenks as the closer, but he still has a lot to learn. These guys have a learning curve, you just can't assume this kid is ready.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 02:17 AM)
That's my point.  Everyone has all but annointed Jenks as the closer, but he still has a lot to learn.  These guys have a learning curve, you just can't assume this kid is ready.

Exactly. Hermanson is having one of the better closing seasons in baseball history. Yet, everyone is so eager to push him aside and have Jenks close. FREE NEAL COTTS!

I'd much rather lose 9-8 than I would 3-2, etc. If our offense puts together ABs like they did tonight, we'll be just fine. I bet the Griffey Jr. thread has less posts tonight than it did all week during the NYY series. It's great to see Everett swinging the bat well off of the injury.

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 09:18 PM)
Yeah they got heart.  Ozzie has guts but does he have the brains to stay in games with torre, francona, and the other good and potential playoff managers?

Let's not forget that Torre gave us game 2 of the yankee series by letting Embree face Konerko,

Then he tunred around and gave us game 3 by playing the rangeless one in centerfield.

Cotts should have started the 7th and Marte should have faced Ortiz in the 8th. Oh well. Hopefully we get to Wakefield early tomorrow.

BTW, kinda scary to see Mark look so bad against a potential playoff opponent. He's not so good against the As either.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 08:33 PM)
Mark Buehrle, staff ace, since July1.

IP   H   R   K   BB   RA/9

Mark Buehrle 52.0  65  34  23 12 5.88

I got a feeling the infamous Buehrle thread is going to be bumped soon.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 09:36 PM)
What is his ERA?  Has he had that many unearned runs?

Oh he's had more unerned runs over that stretch than Garland has ever allowed in a full season, but we all know how much flack Jon took over the years for not being able to pitch over mistakes. It's time to call out Buehrle's sorry ass for the same thing.