White Sox vs Red Sox - 8/12/05

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 05:18 PM)
Rowand just hammered that ball.  Lets keep it going, as 2 runs will not be enough tonight!

It was the last couple of days without our ace on the mound. Boston's offense is better, but not THAT much better.

Though I would agree that 2 runs won't be enough. Boston handles Burly pretty well.

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 11:20 PM)
It was the last couple of days without our ace on the mound. Boston's offense is better, but not THAT much better.

Though I would agree that 2 runs won't be enough. Boston handles Burly pretty well.

Of course, stranger things have happened than the Red Sox scoring less than 2 runs. However, with the way they've been hitting at home, I don't think it's irrational to say they'll score more than 2 runs.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 11:23 PM)
No

I think Iguchi will do well today.

He seems to do well against guys that don't have a lot of bite. Wells' curve is a big lollipop, but I think Tad can stay with it and go the other way with it.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 05:27 PM)
Another s***ty team bending over for the Indians....they're up 3-0 in the first inning, and still are up.

You better get used to it. THey are probably going to win 90-93 games. Hopefully that will be enough to get the wild card.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 11:27 PM)
I think Iguchi will do well today.

He seems to do well against guys that don't have a lot of bite.  Wells' curve is a big lollipop, but I think Tad can stay with it and go the other way with it.

Iguchi looked to be thrown off by the slide-step of Wells. The one pitch Iguchi has trouble consistently putting into play is the high fastball. Wells seemed to have a good gameplan against Iguchi, and then had him off-balanced with 2 strikes.