Podsednik

Steve9347

OK, I may be overreacting here, but...

Scottie is not getting reads. He is getting thrown out by guys with less than stellar arms such as Jorge Posada. I am worried.

I love his aggressiveness, but Scottie has been thrown out WAY too much lately. We would be better off with hit and runs than with him getting thrown out. I remember when he was at 40 plus SB about two months ago, and he's only at 54... what gives?

We need Scottie back on track... our offense goes with him, and unfortunately, right now its in the pooper.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 03:13 AM)
OK, I may be overreacting here, but...

Scottie is not getting reads.  He is getting thrown out by guys with less than stellar arms such as Jorge Posada.  I am worried.

I love his aggressiveness, but Scottie has been thrown out WAY too much lately.  We would be better off with hit and runs than with him getting thrown out.  I remember when he was at 40 plus SB about two months ago, and he's only at 54... what gives?

We need Scottie back on track... our offense goes with him, and unfortunately, right now its in the pooper.

He's slumping and he's probably a bit beat up, that's why I'm hoping we can clinch the division kind of early and get him some rest. His jumps actually weren't horrible against the Yanks Posada was making exceptional throws with a very quick release.

Edited by Rowand44

if the sox clinch early, i would like to see him get maybe like a week off or so. Help rest his legs for the playoffs.

Than again i dont care how "dead" your legs are, come playoff time you dont think hes gonna be running those basepaths like a f'n madman.

He's just tired, that's all. The other day he got a really good jump but halfway through he looked like he was running in slow motion. He wasn't able to dig like he was in the first half, he was running more upright. If he gets a little time off he'll be fine.

Edited by Spiff

QUOTE(Spiff @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 08:33 AM)
He's just tired, that's all.  The other day he got a really good jump but halfway through he looked like he was running in slow motion.  He wasn't able to dig like he was in the first half, he was running more upright.  If he gets a little time off he'll be fine.

Not only that, some catchers have made great plays on him.

Off topic, but your sig = the s***.

I wanna be the Widge when I grow up Not even sure if I want that in green..lol

His bat is slumping a bit, so he isnt getting on base as much. When he gets on base less, then he probably presses himself to steal more. I think when his bat warms up a little more his steals will start climbing again.

Geez, the guy goes 4/12 for a stretch, and all the sudden he cant steal anymore. He did steal 22 in a row at one time.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 04:22 PM)
So is 22 in a row, and 17 in a row at 3rd.

No, I know. I was just saying that for someone with the ability to steal 22 in a row, going 4 for 12 on the bases is almost an unbelievable stat. Pods is a much better base runner than that, and I think it's mostly mental with him now. I'm much more concerned with his approach at the plate than I am his base running. You have to reach base in order to be a threat on the bases.

QUOTE(Jake @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 10:44 AM)
Not only that, some catchers have made great plays on him.

Off topic, but your sig = the s***.

I wanna be the Widge when I grow up Not even sure if I want that in green..lol