311 Concert last night at Charter One Pavillion

Chisoxrd5

Well yesterday afternoon I'm sitting at work staring at the clock anxiously awaiting the end of the day. My cell phone rings, which is moderately odd considering I seldom get phone calls during my work day as my nazi office cracks down on personal calls :bang

Anyway, I get offered four free tix to the 311 concert and figured, what the hell I'll go. Now don't get me wrong I like 311 but I would never usually go to one of their shows. Well let me tell you they truly do kick ass in concert! What a great show. They played for a solid 2 hours and their energy level was high throughout. Unwritten Law and Papa Roach opened. Both were very MEH...

As for the venue, I highly recommend seeing a show at this Northerly Island place (Meigs Field) for you old timers :P Right on the lake, outdoors, not too big at all...by far the best outdoor venue in the city.

:headbang :headbang

Up next for me: Coldplay on Saturday Night

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 10:03 PM)
You won't be missing much, they're horrible live.

they're horrible everything...but i have a bit of a vendetta with them

i wouldn't get a 311 album, but i'd see them live, they've built their reputation on their live show...

i saw modest mouse at northerly island...it was phenominal, i reviewed it in the musics thread but it got lost...i loved it there

I would love to see brian wilson smile...that is such an interesting album, both musically and obviously the story behind it.