Core of the Core - 8/12 Update

Heads22

Gentlemen:

Just a ticket sales update on our Core of the Core Night on Sep. 8…

As of this morning we have sold 88 tix for the outing. Not bad, but not what we had hoped for considering the amount of website chatter. Take this opportunity to remind your folks that this offer expires next Friday (8/19). After next Friday, we can no longer guarantee any subsequent orders will be seated w/ the group in Sec. 105.

We’re looking forward to having you all out on Sep. 8.  As always, contact me w/ any questions and Go Go Sox!

Thanks,

Kurt

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 03:20 PM)
According to Hal, sales have picked up, but still lagging behind what they expected when they saw the board interest.

I just think the date failed to work out for many of us that wanted to attend. Maybe an earlier outing could be arranged next year.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 03:26 PM)
I just think the date failed to work out for many of us that wanted to attend.  Maybe an earlier outing could be arranged next year.

Price may have been a factor too.

A company-sponsored patio party I'm going to is 20 bucks, less than half of this one.

I think they coulda done a little better than just 10 bucks off the original price, which is what I think it states on the order form...

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 02:29 PM)

A company-sponsored patio party I'm going to is 20 bucks, less than half of this one.

I think they coulda done a little better than just 10 bucks off the original price, which is what I think it states on the order form...

hmm...I thought it was a bargain. I couldn't eat and drink for that much at the park usually :huh

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 05:47 PM)
How about not having the event on a week night?

We are 74-39. Plus I told you all it was going to be a weeknight, as it was obvious with our record and increases in attendance. The weekends and Mondays are going to be filled, obviously the team is trying to fill Tuesday-Thursday. This should have been no surprise.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 07:48 PM)
We are 74-39.  Plus I told you all it was going to be a weeknight, as it was obvious with our record and increases in attendance.  The weekends and Mondays are going to be filled, obviously the team is trying to fill Tuesday-Thursday.  This should have been no surprise.

I would love to go, problem is I'm going to be at college already, it would be hard for me to get up there.

That's because your company is sponsoring some of the cost.

For all the food and beer you get at these patio parties, it's a great deal, not to mention you get a nice lower deck seat.

Here's a suggestion that I sent to Kurt late yesterday:

One major problem with the date is that schools (high schools and colleges) are in session in September. Most colleges are out by mid-May, so my proposal is that we make this an annual event, and we shoot for the last half of May as the date we do it.

A couple of things to consider:

1) Rates are higher for patio parties from June 1-August 31.

2) Weekdays are generally cheaper than weekends (depending on whom we're playing).

Anyway, that's a thought to keep in mind until group tickets go on sale next year.

Right now I'd just be happy if we can get a guest for Friday's WCSF luncheon before Monday so we don't have to cancel....

I'm also going to email Brooks later on with a few ideas I have in regards to this. But I can't speak for WSI, but I do know that the big thing that hurts a ton of people here is the fact that a heavy portion of the posters here are college students (like you mentioned) and have left for school by than.

In my case I'm an out of towner so the only way I can make it is if its a weekend.